Connecticut Lawmakers End Session Deadlocked Over $13.5 Billion Budget
- MSPs slam budget consultation. Watts, David // Public Finance;06/30/2000, p11
Focuses on the report `Investing in You,' published by the finance committee of the Scottish Parliament, criticizing a consultation document on spending issued by finance minister Jack McConnell. Concerns about the effectiveness of the consultation process conducted by the ministry; Calls for...
- State Legislature returning, seeks to end budget talk. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 182, p2
The article reports on the move of New York's Legislature to return to session to discuss issues about federal budget.
- Session Costs Tallied. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/2/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32187, p27
Reports that the recently completed special session of the Kansas Legislature cost taxpayers $573,747, most of which went to pay legislators for the 12-day session.
- Special legislative session will have to wait for new year. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/14/2001, Issue 322864, p30
Focuses on the postponement of the Legislature session called by California Governor Gray Davis. Reluctance of state legislators to tackle fiscal problems before the holidays; Purpose of Davis for arranging the session; Impact of education budget reductions on long-term career and job...
- Maine Gets $11M Revenue Spurt as It Plans for Bonding. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31702, p4
Reports on an increase in Maine's preliminary general fund revenue for the first month of the fiscal year 2003. Amount of funds collected; Reasons cited for the increase; Issues to be discussed in state legislature.
- Tucson Ready to Finance Downtown Revitalization Program. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/12/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32938, p5
The article reports that Tucson's plan to refurbish its downtown with $454 million of bonds along with private capital is the culmination of a decade of planning for the project known as Rio Nuevo in Arizona. The City Council has approved the financing with $277 million of bonds to be issued by...
- Why we can't raid dedicated funds. GROSS, MARTIN // New Hampshire Business Review;6/26/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p21
The article argues against the move of New Hampshire legislature balance budgets by raiding dedicated funds which are raised by special fees imposed to support special programs rather than by general taxation.
- Living within our means. Evans, Ruth // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/23/2005, Issue 323456, p27
Focuses on the importance of the Proposition 76, the Live Within Our Means Act in California. Limitation of public spending to the average rate of growth of the past three years; Establishment of checks and balances to encourage the governor and Legislature to collaborate; Stabilization of k-14...
- Different Strokes. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/16/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the state budgeting and taxation advisory approved and sent to Lansing, Michigan by the members of the Grand Valley Metro Council. The council members showed restraint toward the budget action taken by state lawmakers when they ratified the document, despite the...