L.A. Council Nears Approval of Downtown Redevelopment Plan
- How the Dutch Do Housing. Kay, Jane Holtz // Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the national planning for public housing in the Netherlands. Development of a federal housing policy in the country; Designs of houses; Role of the Dutch government in housing.
- Houston Nonprofit Developers May Face Paying a PILOT. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p32
Reports the voting of the Houston City Council over a measure requiring nonprofit housing developers that receive public financing in Texas. Payment of larger share of property taxes; Utilization of tax-exempt bond financing; Allocation of taxes on construction and rehabilitation.
- Edinburgh mull s developer for homes initiative. // Planning (14672073);6/17/2011, Issue 1911, p14
The article reports on the plan of the City of Edinburgh Council to appoint a developer to deliver the country's first affordable National Housing Trust (NHT) housing initiative in Scotland.
- Ties with FONOM encouraged. Quesnel, Joseph // Northern Ontario Business;Jul2004, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p6
Reports that Thunder Bay, Northern Ontario Mayor Lynn Peterson is encouraging local communities to cooperate with the economic strategy of the city council. Creation of forty eight specific projects and goals for the first four months; Cooperation with other municipality governments in the...
- Brown cracks down on local planners. // Building Design;4/11/2003, Issue 1574, p2
Reports on the economic planning strategy of Chancellor Gordon Brown in Great Britain. Evaluation of housing growth; Government intervention to local planners failing to deliver public housing; Management of the housing market volatility.
- State should fold IEDC; create new board. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p16
Editorial. Focuses on the elimination of the Indiana Economic Development Council by the administration of Governor Frank O'Bannon due to the creation of a new board charged with Indiana's economic development. Factor which contributed to the replacemnt of the council; Suggestion on the...
- Warning over neighbourhood regime. GARLICK, RICHARD // Planning (14672073);11/2/2012, Issue 1946, p10
Information about the Northern Growth Summit held in Leeds, England on October 2012 is presented. Topics include national planning policies, housebuilders and strategies of the Leeds City Council. The featured several including Phil Crabtree, chief planning officer, Leeds City Council, Pat...
- Council chiefs blast regional allowance. Callaghan, David // Planning (14672073);12/14/2007, Issue 1749, p6
The article reports on the claims of the regional leaders that the councils in the South East will only be able to spend a ninth of the money the British government has given the region for transport. The regional group South East County Leaders (SECL) reveals that only Â£71 million of the...
- New Victoria hub stalled. // Planning (14672073);12/14/2007, Issue 1749, p6
The article reports that the Westminster City Council has sent back an application, Land Securities scheme, to develop a transport interchange at London Victoria station in Westminster, England. The scheme proposes development of office, retail, leisure and residential space, a revamp of the...