Netflix Streaming Isn't Slowing Down
- Movies Made Easy. Murphy, Samantha // Chain Store Age;Feb2008, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p50
The author talks about the Watch Instantly program of Netflix, which allows subscribers to watch movies online at no additional charge. She states that Netflix is so committed to the program that it allocated about $40 million to develop the streaming service. She notes that Netflix announced...
- ONE MILLION XBOX LIVE SUBS STREAM NETFLIX. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/9/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on Microsoft Corporation's claim that 1 million Xbox Live subscribers streamed 1.5 billion minutes of Netflix content since the two companies entered into a distribution agreement in November 2008. From December to January 2009, Xbox Live video marketplace downloads grew 174...
- Audio, Video Soak Up the Bits. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;12/14/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p16
The article reports on the findings of bandwidth-management firm Sandvine's latest Global Internet Phenomena report according to which reveals that the streaming media company Netflix has greater share of traffic than all of streaming audio and video broadband networks. It presents the view of...
- Netflix: Bandwidth Glutton. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/23/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p30
The article reports on a 2011 survey conducted by Sandvine Inc. which revealed that 29.7% of peak downstream Internet traffic in North America was accounted for Netflix Inc. The survey showed that Netflix has become the largest source of overall Internet traffic in North America, representing...
- Netflix, YouTube Swarm The Downstream. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p5
The article presents the findings of the "Global Internet Phenomena Report" from the networking equipment company Sandvine Inc. that indicates downstream traffic on North American fixed broadband networks as of November 2013. The report reveals that over-the-top video content providers Netflix...
- STREAM SCENE. // Variety;8/1/2011, Vol. 423 Issue 11, p11
Multiple charts are presented that compare the online streaming of videos between that of media services provider Netflix and streaming website Hulu.
- 'FAST' Streaming. PEIKERT, MARK // Back Stage (19305966);12/12/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 50, p9
The article reports on the announcement by Netflix, an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming media, that its first-ever original children's show, DreamWorks Animation's "Turbo FAST,"will launch December 24, 2013 with the first five episodes and additional episodes will be released...
- Netflix Needs Some Focus. PRANGE, STEPHANIE // Home Media Magazine;10/22/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p3
The author reflects on the launch by Netflix of its subscription streaming service in several Scandinavian countries in October 2012.
- Netflix Pays to Play. WALLENSTEIN, ANDREW // Variety;6/24/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 14, p25
The article reports that streaming service provider Netflix will spend 1.9 billion U.S. dollars on programming in the U.S.