Spike to Air Viacom's New MMA Shows
- QUARTER'S NICK NIX. // Daily Variety;8/6/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the management issue raised by investors of Viacom Inc. after a notable decline in film and television ratings and revenues of the company.
- VIACOM TO BOW PARAMOUNT MOVIE CHANNEL IN SPAIN. Gruenwedel, Erik; Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;4/2/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on the launch by Viacom of a 24-hour television channel on over-the-air television in Spain featuring Paramount Pictures movies.
- Making Sense of the Viacom-DirecTV Outcome. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;7/23/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 29, p6
The article reports on the end of the dispute between Viacom Inc. and DirectTV Inc. in the distribution of television programs.
- Bigger Problem: Nickelodeon or MTV? // Hollywood Reporter;10/26/2012, Issue 37, p8
The article reports that Viacom Inc., owner of television channels, Nickelodeon and MTV, is facing troubles, as ratings for both the channels are declining due to the departure of top level executives of the company.
- Pay-TV Fears Sink Media Stocks. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/10/2015, pB02
2 Heavy-hitters fell short of views amid worry for pay TV's future.
- MTV Brazil Hopes FeeVee Move Pays. // Variety;10/29/2013, Vol. 321 Issue 17, p54
The article discusses the business initiatives of the media company Viacom Inc. as of October 2013, focusing on the relaunch of the MTV Brasil television station to television subscribers in Brazil, television programming, and targeted content for members of the Millennial generation.
- Why TV Carriage Wars Are Just Beginning. Ziffren, Kenneth // Hollywood Reporter;8/3/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 26, p32
The article focuses on the ongoing issues related to carriage rates concerning the cable television industry of the U.S. It informs that even though the standoff between Viacom Inc. and DirecTV Inc. ended on July 20, 2012, industry analysts opine that the industry will continue to face problems...
- U.S. Dealmakers Are Thinking Globally. Farrell, Mike // Broadcasting & Cable;1/12/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses several U.S. cable programmers' international acquisition strategies to improve their influence outside the country. Topics discussed include Discovery Communications' acquisition of production firm All3Media and a stake in international sports network Eurosport...
- Hotter TV competition in the air. van der Walt, Dous // Finance Week;07/30/99, p18
Reports on the increased competition in television broadcasting in South Africa. Relaxation of government regulations in broadcasting; Expansion of the Bop television station's market base; Possible sale of the station; Possible conversion of Bop into a free-to-air station.