DirecTV Tunes In Tablet TV
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p34
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "MSOs Deployed Only 3,000 Net New Standalone Cable Cards in Last Tree Months" in the October 4, 2011 issue, "Tennis Channel Aces Seven-Year French Open Rights Extension" in the October 3, 2011...
- DIRECTV UPDATES IPHONE, IPAD APPS. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;12/2/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 48, p6
The article reports on the updates on DirecTV's TV Everywhere application (app) for the iPhone and iPad in 2013.
- Netflix Seen Unlikely To Get On-Demand Cable Deal. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;10/ 4/2013, p00
The article reports on the increase subscriber of the American internet streaming media provider Netflix Inc. through cable, phone and satellite pay-television (TV) companies. It elaborates several pay-TV companies including Comcast Corp., DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp. It also highlights...
- Why DirecTV Is Launching an App for Apple Watch. Spangler, Todd // Variety;5/12/2015, Vol. 328 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on an updated mobile application launched by satellite television provider DirecTV for the Apple Watch wearable technology device that would let its customers program their digital video recorders from the device.
- Cable industry answers call for faster speeds with move to DOCSIS 3.1. Alleven, Monica // FierceWirelessTech;9/10/2015, p1
The article reports on efforts of the cable industry of the U.S. to adopt the DOCSIS 3.1 standard to offer higher speed of internet to customers and mentions internet connections to be provided without expensive proposition.
- XBOX LIVE ADDS COMEDY CENTRAL, NICKELODEON. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/5/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p8
The article reports on the addition of Comedy Central and Nickelodeon channels to the arsenal of Xbox Live, an online multiplayer gaming and digital media delivery service, in August 2013.
- NTT Com extends low-latency network with London-Hong Kong link utilizing TEA-2. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Aug2012, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the decision of NTT Communications to extend its global low-latency network with a new dedicated connection between London, England and Hong Kong, China using the Transit Europe-Asia-2 (TEA-2) terrestrial cable system routed via Russia.
- Bracing for the Next Superstorm. // Multichannel News;2/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p29
The article discusses the challenges related to communication services provided by the cable operators including logistic support for employees, access to communication facilities by technicians and security challenges.
- Small Ops Turning to Broadband. // Multichannel News;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p26
The article informs that U.S. based small cable operators are looking out for broadband options like high-speed data to stay stable in the current economic downfall and stiff competition in 2011, when the video subscribing in on declining position.