DirecTV to FCC: Fox Ads Misleading
- Fox Won't Be Big Buyer if Cap Is Raised. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/19/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p3
Reports that even if the limits of state-ownership rules of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, News Corp. of the Fox Network Group would not be able to buy more broadcasting stations. Operational strategy of the Fox Network Group; Financial performance and positions of the company;...
- Fox: It's NCTC's Fault. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p29
The article reports on the letter sent by Fox Cable Networks to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) saying that it has not stonewalled the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) regarding negotiations for carriage of regional sports networks. The letter denies allegations made...
- Fox Cable finds room at inn. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/13/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 51, p18
Reports the deal between Fox Cable Network Group and DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Distribution of several Fox channels in hotels; Offer of locally produced professional games; Acquisition of exclusive rights to several television series by the FX network.
- DirecTV complains to FCC about Comcast. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;09/29/97, Vol. 127 Issue 40, p68
Reports that DirecTV has filed a complaint with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) over Comcast Corp.'s alleged refusal to make its Comcast SportsNet regional sports network available to DirecTV. Case background; Details of DirecTV's complaint.
- MCN'S MOST READ. // Multichannel News;12/15/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p28
The article lists top articles available on multichannel.com as of December5-12, 2014 including Sources: FCC Majority Approves Over-the-Top NPRM, DirecTV 4K Bird Takes Flight and WOW to Lay Off 9% of Workforce.
- Emergency Alert Tryout Gets Mixed Grades - But It Was Only a Test. // Multichannel News;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p4
The article informs about the mixer result of an emergency alert system test conducted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency over Television (TV) and satellite radio and monitored on DirectTV in New York.
- ABC/ESPN Ink Big Ten Channel TV Rights Deal. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;6/26/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on the plan of the Big Ten Conference to create a Big Ten Channel television network in partnership with Fox Cable Networks and its national television rights agreement with ABC and ESPN in the U.S. DirecTV plans to add the channel to its Total Choice Package offering. Under...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;3/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1
Presents news briefs concerning the cable industry in the U.S. as of March 2006. Reason behind the decision of DirecTV to sell Turner South to Fox Cable; Launch of high definition locals by EchoStar in Kansas City and 30 surrounding counties in Kansas.
- SATELLITE: THE YEAR AHEAD. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
The article announces the plan of DirecTV Inc. to launch 100 high definition (HD) services during the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. President Chase Carey has signed the agreements with more than 70 major networks including FX of Fox Cable Networks Services...