Famed Sawgrass Green No Sweat for ACA Ace Matt '8 Feet Away' Polka
- Shentel: FCC Isn't Needed Here. // Multichannel News;1/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that cable operator Shenandoah Telecommunications Co. has expressed that it did not do anything wrong in its retransmission-consent negotiations with Allbritton Communications Co. that required intervention of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Retrans Review Revs Up. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;8/17/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p2
The article reports on the plan of U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Tom Wheeler to review the retransmission-consent regime, regarding good-faith negotiations between cable operators and broadcasters. Some of issues to be reviewed include blackouts, program bundling pricing and...
- Can FCC End the Retrans Wars? // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p33
The article discusses how the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) can deal with retransmission-consent process. He says that it requires the FCC to reduce the political fallout broadcasters and multichannel video-programming distributors (MVPD) disputes. He emphasizes the need to delve...
- FCC Is Facing Fall Retrans Rush. // Multichannel News;10/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p17
The article discusses the predicament of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission which has an open and unresolved rulemaking proposal on cable television retransmission and pressured by cable executives to finish it before the submission of retransmission consent deals in the fall of 2011.
- Voice of Experience: Redo Retrans. // Multichannel News;1/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p12
An interview with David Ferguson, former employee of Shenandoah Telecommunications Co., commonly known as Shentel is presented. He states that though he supports broadcasters asking more money for retransmission deals, he is concerned about the burden which falls on consumers. He mentions that...
- Retrans Just the Beginning For O'Connor. Lafayette, John // Broadcasting & Cable;11/7/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 42, p30
The article profiles Univision Communications Inc. president of distribution sales and marketing Tonia O'Connor and outlines how she negotiated with retransmission consent agreements by showing how can distributors tap in the U.S. Hispanic market. It notes the move of O'Connor in the electronic...
- A STELAR Outcome for Cable. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;12/8/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p22
The article reports that the new Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act Reauthorization (STELAR) bill, a bill related to the regulation of satellite broadcasting in the U.S., passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate, is being praised by cable operators in the U.S....
- ACA,s Polka Battles High Cost Of Networks. // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p108
Presents an interview with American Cable Television President Matt Polka on the programming cost of cable operation. Effects of rate increase on programming cost; Efforts of broadcaster-affiliated cable programmers to access to local TV signals; Business status of small cable operators.
- FROZEN FAIRWAYS. // Scholastic SuperScience;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p2
The article presents information on the World Ice Golf Championship in Greenland.