TWC Drops on 126K Sub Loss; Focusing Now on High-Speed Data
- Time Warner's $4K Coupon Catches Eyes. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p16
Reports on the Time Warner Cable systems' second 'The Big Picture' campaign in California's Orange and Los Angeles counties. Message behind the campaign; Success of the company's first campaign in 2000; Mechanics of the promotional campaign.
- ID Upgrades Channel Slot, Hits NYC With Campaign. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;8/17/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p4
The article focuses on the cable television network Investigation Discovery. The network will switch it channel identification number on Time Warner Cable's New York City system from 113 to 23, which it hopes will attract larger audiences. The network is visiting media buying services in the...
- Time Warner Cable: El Paquetazo. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;6/8/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 21, p15
The article examines an advertising campaign for Time Warner Cable aimed at Hispanic American consumers in New York City. The campaign, created by the advertising agency Gotham, is marketing a package of Hispanic American entertainment cable television channels. It uses bilingualism to stress...
- Once-'timid' cable operator bags product-oriented messaging. POGGI, JEANINE // Advertising Age;4/16/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 16, p28
The article focuses on Jeff Hirsch, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of the cable television company Time Warner Cable. Hirsch discusses marketing by the company aimed at preventing so-called cord cutting in which cable television subscribers cancel their service or switch to satellite television....
- With growth stymied by ads from Time Warner, Comcast and Cox, Verizon's Fios changes billing, contract offerings. Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;6/28/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 26, p3
The article examines marketing by Verizon Communications of its Fios cable television service. The company has altered its billing practices and the contracts offered its customers to counteract negative comparative advertising by major cable television companies such as Time Warner Cable and...
- GOING ON THE OFFENSIVE WITH NEW AD STRATEGY. Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;10/6/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 37, p16
An interview is presented with marketing executive Sam Howe, head of marketing for Time Warner Cable. Howe explains the advertising his company has created which directly targets business rival Verizon and its Verizon Plus combined Internet and cable television service. He states that offering...
- The Opportunity at Hand. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p5S
Focuses on the increase of Hispanic American consumers in the United States. Availability of opportunities for cable television operators; Percentage of corporations that tend to ignore the Hispanic population; Reference made on the 2000 US Census.
- Playboy to push monthly subscriptions. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p22
Reports that Playboy TV will seek to get operators to offer the adult network as a monthly premium service. Mechanics of the promotion dubbed `Playboy TV's Oasis'; Sample of a four-hour block of the network's original programs; Cable operators which offer Playboy on pay-per-view basis.
- Comedy Central gets serious. McCarthy, Michael; Edwards, Jim; Lucas, Sloane // Adweek Western Edition;07/20/98, Vol. 48 Issue 29, p35
Reveals cable network Comedy Central's negotiation with a number of advertising agencies about creative projects. Creation of a roster of agencies that understands the network's sensibilities; Hiring of a media buying agency; Search for agencies capable of creating a tune-in campaign for the...