Third-Quarter Slump Hit Cable Stocks Hard
- Accuracy And Cost Of U.S. Financial Data. Flanegin, Frank; Racic, Stanko; Rudd, Denis // Journal of Applied Business Research;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p47
Data from The Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP) has been widely recognized and accepted as the premier source of research quality US. stock market data for more than 40 years. As a result of advances in information technology, other sources of US. stock market data became available...
- Stocks Fall To Session Lows; Altera Rises On Takeover Chatter. KEN SHREVE // Investors Business Daily;5/29/2015, p00
The article reports on the stock market trading performance on May 29, 2015 in the U.S. It says that volume on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and Nasdaq are tracking slightly lower, with the Dow Jones industrial average lost 0.8%, while the Standard & Poor's 500 Index (S&P 500) and Nasdaq...
- Stock Market Extends Losses. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/14/2014, pA01
1 The major averages continued a broad retreat. The Nasdaq fell 1.3% while the S&P 500 and Dow lost 0.9%. Volume rose on the NYSE but eased on the Nasdaq. Biotech, solar and software stocks were Fri.'s biggest losers, with
- Stocks Open To Mild Losses; Adobe Surges, Nabors Dives. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;12/12/2014, p00
Stocks stumbled out of the starting gate into modest losses Friday, receiving some support from December consumer sentiment data.
- Stocks Drop On Weak Jobs Data; Caterpillar, Alexion Back Off. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;9/4/2015, p00
The article reports on the decreased in stocks on stock market of several companies after the hiring of fewer workers in the U.S. Among the companies mentioned include construction machinery and equipment company Caterpillar, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, and Hawaiian Holdings. Topics include backed...
- Stocks Cap Week With Big Gains; Apple Rallies Ahead Of Earnings. NANCY GONDO // Investors Business Daily;1/22/2016, p00
The article reports on stock market trends in the U.S. as of January 22, 2016. Topics discussed include the effect of positive U.S. economic indicators on the performance of stocks, gains by Nasdaq, Standard & Poor's 500 and Dow Jones industrial average, and the performance of the stocks of...
- Stock Watch. // Resource Recycling;Nov2009, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p11
The article offers updates on the performance of stocks in the U.S. It states that despite the disappointing result of the consumer's confidence in September 2009, the increase of the oil prices, and the weak reports on unemployment, the Wall Street was able to end up the third quarter of 2009...
- YEAR OF THE YO-YO. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;1/16/2012, Vol. 87 Issue 44, p23
In this article the author discusses the volatility of the U.S. financial market in 2011. He discusses fluctuations with the Dow Jones Industrial Average and Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 indexes for the stock market, examines how economic instability in the U.S. has impacted the work of...
- Stocks Extend Losses At Midday As Oil Slides Again. SCOTT STODDARD // Investors Business Daily;12/12/2014, p00
Stocks extended losses at midday Friday as falling oil prices outweighed a jump in consumer confidence.