Nat Geo Creates Halloween Initiative
- fade to black. Anding, Kristinha M. // Millimeter;Jul2009, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p42
The article focuses on photographer Thomas Winston who produces the Photographic Society of America's (PSA) human-bear interactions for the Draper Museum of Natural History in Cody, Wyoming. Winston is interested in naturalist's unique relationship with the bear and grizzles in the field that...
- POLITICS is KILLING the BIG CATS. Schaller, George B. // National Geographic;Dec2011, Vol. 220 Issue 6, p88
The article presents the author's views that approaches to preserving global big cat populations need to be altered to be more effective. Topics discussed include how poachers threaten lion, tiger, and leopard populations and the supposed medicinal value of big cat parts. The author argues that...
- DARE to EXPLORE. TOMLIN, C. M. // National Geographic Kids;Nov2014, Issue 445, p9
The article features conservationist Laly Lichtenfeld, who teaches human how to live together with big cats, and offers information on what to do to become a conservationist, and how children and their parents can help by joining Big Cats Initiative of "National Geographic" magazine. Lichtenfeld...
- Mipbits. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;09/22/97, Vol. 368 Issue 7, pM14
Reports that the National Geographic Channels has appointed three acquisition executives, coinciding with the international launches of its branded channel on September 1, 1997.
- A Call to Arms to Worldwide Action to stop illegal killing of Wildlife: the Zoo and Aquarium Conservation Conference. Rose, Rebecca J. // ZOOs' Print;Dec2013, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
The article presents a report from the 9th year of Zoos and Aquariums Committing to Conservation Conference (ZACC) wherein more than 200 conservationists representing over 40 zoos and wildlife programs in 36 countries have called on governments around the world to increase resources needed to...
- Nat Geo Has News For Media Buyers. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;4/25/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the move of National Geographic Channel to create shows including "National Geographic Explorer" and Border Wars" that attracts various audiences.
- New network promises to be all wild, all the time. Manning, Sue // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/1/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 78, Special section p7
A preview of the television program "WILD" from National Geographic Channel is presented.
- Schiffman Crafts NGC Strategy. Wiener, Lauren // Brandweek;9/2/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 31, p22
Features Steve Schiffman, who has a marketing position at the National Geographic Channel Worldwide. Plan for to boost the company's progress; Responsibilities and tasks; Educational and professional background.
- Geographic girds for dual feed. Barnhart, Aaron // Electronic Media;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p33
Reports that cable television channel National Geographic is reorganizing its signature show and schedule in anticipation of a change to dual programming feeds and more growth in 2003. Channel's plans to increase its viewership; Introduction of changes by the network president Laureen Ong;...