HBO Latino Bulks Up Its Schedule
- VH1 gives celebs 15 mins. Martin, Denise // Variety;9/12/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 4, p24
This article focuses on the efforts by the VH1 television network to improve its programming. With the help of some celebrities the network has finally emerged from the shadow of the MTV network. Energized by the success of Celebreality Sundays--a block of programming dedicated to documentary...
- REACH THE WORLD. // Campaign;5/27/2005, Issue 22, p41
The article reports that MTV has launched its hundredth channel in February 2005. The television station has potential audience of one billion people. Dave Sibley, the head of MTV's international marketing partnerships group, puts its success down to effective localization, combined with...
- All telenovelas, all the time. Young, James // Variety;4/28/2008, Vol. 410 Issue 11, p16
The author reports on a cable television network which will begin broadcasting in Mexico on July 1, 2008. The network, which is being operated by TV Azteca SA de CV, will broadcast soap operas throughout the day. Plans which exist for broadcasting the television network in countries throughout...
- GLOBO CABO: MUCHO SUBS. // Variety;06/26/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 6, p56
Reports on the acquisition of NET Sul regional television operator by cable television network Globo Cabo in Brazil. Status of the network in the cable television industry; Details of the purchase; Brief information on the network.
- TV4 Peak Audience Share, 15 to 39-year-olds. // AdMedia;May99, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Presents a graph showing the average share of the 15 to 39-year-old peak time audience share of television station TV4 for the period covering July 1997 to April 1999. Marketing strategy of TV4; Drop in the viewers share for February and April 1999.
- EVENING NEWS. // Daily Variety;9/24/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 58, p10
Presents the ranking of the three primary television networks in U.S. television as of the 52nd week of the 2002-2003 season ending on September 19 based on the viewer share.
- PRIMETIME SCORECARD. // Daily Variety;9/24/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 58, p10
Presents a table identifying the overall performance of six major U.S. television networks based on television viewer share for the week ending on September 21, 2003 and the season-to-date total.
- HOW SHOULD WE DEVELOP BRITISH TELEVISION? Orr-Ewing, C. Ian; Cricks, R. Howard; Parr, Geoffrey // British Kinematography;May1951, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p152
The article focuses on the British television. The growth of U.S. television is defined by the number of television stations operating in the country. However, it is claimed that pictures received by British viewers are slightly better in quality than those received in the U.S. The importance of...
- KVOA-TV on top in 10 p.m. slot for November. Kjos, Tiffany // Inside Tucson Business;01/31/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 45, p33
Reports on the ratings performance of the news programs of television stations in Arizona for November 1999. KGUN-TV; KVOA-TV; KOLD-TV; Percent audience share; Audience demographics.