How to Reel In VOD Viewers
- CABLE DOMINATES VOD STREAMS. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;9/25/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 60, p2
The article reports on the domination of cable companies in video-on-demand (VOD) movie rental market.
- VOD Ads Growing, But Barriers Remain. Guthrie, Marisa // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p21
The article focuses on issues concerning obstacles which hinder the development of video on-demand (VOD) advertising, including on-demand space and balance on advertising load despite its growth in the cable television industry.
- 2013: The Year Ahead in VOD. Shaver, Jon // Multichannel News;1/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p23
The author discusses the importance of innovations in management, distribution and capitalization of video-on-demand for the success of cable television industry.
- HI-DEF On-Demand. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the boom of high-definition video on demand (VOD) in the U.S. in 2007. Senior vice-president of marketing & business development Marc Tayer at Imagine Communications said that there was a great demand of high-definition content in the country. He added that consumers...
- Healthy Change:. // CableFAX Daily;7/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 138, p2
The article presents information on the Discovery Health Media Ent, a new integrated multi-platform business which was formed by Discovery. Discovery Health, FitTV, and Discovery Health On-Call, a new standalone video on demand service, are included in the new unit. On-Call will include video...
- Camiant, SeaChange integrate platforms. // CED;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the integration of Camiant's Universal Edge Resource Manager (UERM) and SeaChange International's Axiom On Demand open content delivery system. It states that the move will provide cable operators the ability to manage their QAM resources for standard-definition (SD) and...
- You down with VOD? Yeah you know me! M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the implications of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) 130 standards for the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions that through SCTE, video-on-demand (VOD) is poised to make money for cable operators through dynamic pre and post rolls as well...
- Making VOD the BMOC. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p39
The article reports that the cable network Comedy Central is working with several affiliates to promote the video-on-demand (VOD) platform in the U.S. in 2007. The network is looking to attract collegiate users to the VOD platform by offering localized VOD content and the comedy tour titled...
- Time for Cable to Take a Step Up to 'VOD 2.0'. Verma, Sangita // Television Week;10/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p11
The author reflects on cable technology. She cites the advantages and features of Apple's iTV, a device that allows the use of a personal computer in watching movies on television (TV). She wants a device that will allow her to bring activities like photo sharing and playing games to the TV. She...