Comcast Eyes Hook-Ups
- VOICES. // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p32
The article focuses on the quasi-controversy on Comcast Corp. where it has been darned in informing its subscribers that the access of video-on-demand (VOD) content through Xbox 306 consoles will not count its 250-Gigabyte monthly usage limit.
- GIZMO DOWNLOAD. // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p26
The article offers information on the accessibility of the Xbox 360 to subscription video services on the Microsoft game console for Comcast Corp., HBO Go, and MLB.TV in the U.S.
- Go to Gamers, Pay TV Nets. // Multichannel News;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p31
The author discusses the move of PlayStation 3 users in adapting the gaming console as a platform for video content and of content distributors in offering movies, series and documentaries via gaming consoles.
- Streaming on Game Consoles Rises. TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;12/19/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p8
The article reports on a survey by Nielsen which shows that video streaming and video on demand (VOD) by consumers on the Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3, and Nintendo Wii video game consoles increased in October 2010.
- NPD: PLAYSTATION 3 USERS PREFER TO WATCH MOVIES ON DVD OR BLU-RAY. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/10/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p4
The article presents the results of a survey conducted by The NPD Group from February 15-March 4, 2013 which revealed that players of the gaming console Playstation 3 preferred watching digital video disc (DVD) and Blue-ray titles rather than subscription video-on-demand.
- Dynamics of Pricing in the Video Game Console Market: Skimming or Penetration? Liu, Hongju // Journal of Marketing Research (JMR);Jun2010, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p428
Nintendo lost its dominant position in the video game industry during the console war between its Nintendo 64 and Sony's PlayStation. However, Nintendo could have made several different strategic decisions to change the outcome. This article develops a structural model and investigates these...
- Alienware To Launch Steam Machine Annually. // Micro Mart;1/30/2014, Issue 1296, p37
The article reports on the business plan of Alienware Corp. to have an annual launching of its steam machine console technology.
- Game On: Comcast, FiOS TV Coming to Xbox. // Multichannel News;10/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p12
The article reports on Microsoft Corp.'s collaboration with Comcast Corp. and Verizon Communications in bringing television applications to its Xbox 360 broadband-connected game console through Xfinity On Demand and FiOs digital television services in the U.S.
- COMCAST ADDS VOD TITLES. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/28/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the plan of cable operator Comcast to offer video-on-demand (VOD) titles to its digital subscribers in the U.S. Number of VOD titles to be offered; Free service to be given to its digital subscribers called MoviePass.