Fox Networks, DirecTV Face Nov. 1 Carriage Deadline
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;10/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p32
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "GSN Files FCC Carriage Complaint Against Cablevision" in the October 14, 2011 issue, "TBS's NLCS Audience Advances as Game 4 Averages 5.65 Million Watchers" in the October 16, 2011 issue and...
- DirecTV platinum subscribers to get more channels by year's end. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/12/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p34
Reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc.'s platinum cable television package in Puerto Rico will get a free HBO channel for free. Total number of cable television subscribers aimed to be achieved by DirecTV by year-end 2000; Features of the additional HBO channel; Current number of homes and...
- Versus back on DirecTV. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;3/16/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the return of sports cable network Versus to DirecTV Inc.
- This just in. // Multichannel News;11/8/99, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p2
Cites developments concerning the television broadcasting and telecommunications industries, as of November 8, 1999. Includes Nickelodeon's launch of its first slate of original made-for-television movies; DirecTV Inc.'s replacement of Discovery People with Discovery Health Channel on its...
- DirecTV Fights Back with Brazil Net Deal. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Multichannel News;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p46
Reports on satellite television company DirecTV Inc.'s launch of its programming operations in Brazil as of October 2, 2000. Company's partnership with Brazil-based television network TV Bandeirantes to launch the cable television network Band News in the year 20001.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Reports developments related to cable television networks in the U.S. as of September 2002. Affiliation deal between Outdoor Channel and DirecTV Inc.; Popularity of the original show 'Taboo' of the National Network company; Conduction of a national talent search for children by the Game Show...
- DirecTV Deal Doubles Documentary's Reach. // Multichannel News;3/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p37
The article reports on the move of the Documentary Channel to double its subscription count, through an agreement with DirecTV Inc.
- DirecTV Spots Bond Families, Their DVRs. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p36
Presents information on the national television advertising campaign of DirectTV Inc. developed by BBDO in the U.S. in 2005. Concept of the advertisement; Cable television networks that feature the commercial; Association of DirectTV with NASCAR in the promotion of its products and services.
- Satellite TV Providers Put Best Face On Family-Friendly Packages. Careless, James // Satellite News;1/30/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on a package of channels that are considered family friendly being offered by Echostar Communications Corp. Both Echostar and rival DirecTV unveiled plans to offer so-called family packages in response to Congressional complaints about the amount of indecent content available...