Canoe Pushes Interactive-TV Brand
- Interactive TV: Alive and Kicking. // Multichannel News;3/5/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p14
The article focuses on the What's Next for Interactive television (TV) Advertising? panel at the Setting the 2012 Agenda Advanced Advertising event of B&C/Multichannel News, which highlights the closure of Canoe Ventures LLC's interactive-TV (ITV) advertising to lead progress in ITV industry.
- Canoe Rows Ahead With Fewer Oars. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;8/26/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p4
The article presents information on an advertising technology company Canoe Ventures LLC which discontinued its interactive advertising and launched dynamic ad insertion for Video on Demand (VOD) advertising.
- Canoe's Advanced Ads Draw Big Sponsors. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p26
The article reports on the collaboration of Canoe Ventures LLC with several advertisers including Fidelity Investments, GlaxoSmithKline, and Kimberly-Clark Corp. to study on the consumer behavior to interactive television advertisements.
- Cable Leaders Pilot Targeted Ads. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;6/10/2008, p2
The article reports on the launch by cable operators of New York City-based Canoe Ventures in an attempt to revolutionize cable television (TV) advertising, audience measurement, and interactivity. The startup will begin operations with $150 million from investors Comcast, Time Warner Cable,...
- The Death Knell for ITV Ads? // Multichannel News;2/27/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p39
In this article, the author comments on Canoe Ventures LLC's decision to end its interactive television (ITV) advertising business in the U.S. and its implications to the industry.
- Advanced Advertising: Measuring Success In More Ways Than One. // Communications Technology;5/15/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the success achieved by cable television broadcasting companies by following advanced advertising approaches. It is given that Canoe Ventures LLC achieved success and reached 18 million households with its interactive television (iTV) platform. Andrew Ward eastern regional...
- Canoe Ventures shuts down iTV business. // CED;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p8
The article provides information on the decision made by Canoe Ventures LLC regarding the layoff of 120 employees. It states that Canoe made this decision due to shutdown of its iTV business. It further states that the entire senior management including Cathy Timko, chief executive officer,...
- iTV: It's More Than Advertising. Hardesty, Linda // Communications Technology;4/15/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p6
The article offers information on Enhanced Binary Interchange Format (EBIF). It states that EBIF is an advanced technology using which cable operators can offer interactive television (iTV) to their customers through set-top boxes. It also discusses the role played by Canoe Ventures LLC for...
- EBIF roundup. // CED;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
The article offers information on the retooled Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format (EBIF) specification by the CableLabs and Canoe Ventures LLC. It states that the design of EBIF 106 specification was made to meet the requirements of a competitive interactive television (TV) market and widens...