Moody's Downgrade Adds to Sprint-Clearwire Woes
- Sprint and Clearwire announce new agreements. // Mobile Internet (Information Gatekeepers);Nov2011, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the agreements between Sprint Nextel and Clearwire that is worth up to 1.6 billion U.S. dollars in payments for WiMAX services, possible payments for Long Term Evolution (LTE) services and potential equity investments.
- Sprint to pay Clearwire $1 billion in fees. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;4/27/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that Sprint Nextel Corp. has agreed to pay Clearwire Corp. with over one billion dollars through 2012 for wireless wholesale services to settle its pricing dispute with the latter.
- Moody's Bleak On Wireless. // Wireless Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p4
Highlights the negative outlook of credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service to the U.S. wireless industry in June 2002. Significance of the decline in subscribership at Sprint PCS; Way that will increase the growth of companies.
- SoftBank's Unusual Pitch: A Downgrade. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/15/2013, p42
The article focuses on the sale by the Japanese wireless service provider Softbank of a dual-currency bond deal to finance its acquisition of Sprint Nextel. The senior notes due 2020 will be denominated in U.S. dollars and euros. Bookrunners include Deutsche Bank, Bank of America Merrill Lynch,...
- Ratings game. Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;12/22/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p3
The article reports on the pressure faced by wireless carriers due to the economic downturn in the U.S. American carriers are affected with the continuing economic crisis, but one major factor that keeps them alive is the continuing support from investors. In a related matter, Moody's Investor...
- Sprint to pay Clearwire $1 billion in fees. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;4/27/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p4
The article reports on the agreement between broadband companies Sprint Nextel Corp. and Clearwire Corp. regarding the payment for wireless broadband services development of Clearwater.
- Deals Of The Day 12/14/12. // CT Reports;12/14/2012, p1
The article discusses the deals offered by the U.S. based majority shareholder Sprint Nextel. It mentions that Sprint is offering 2.1 billion U.S dollar to buy the 49 percent of Clearwire Corp.'s stock. It also mentions that the offer made by sprint is considered as the bargain-basement however...
- Clearwire secures $1 billion loan. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p8
The article reports that Clearwire Corp. has completed a $1 billion secured term loan to refinance existing debt and support expansion plans in the U.S. In July 2007, the company announced a partnership with Sprint Nextel Corp. for the operation of the first mobile WiMAX network in the country....
- Today's Transactions:Sprint Buys Clearwire in $10B Deal That Could Build Up its Network. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/24/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of the half of the shares of U.S. communications firm Clearwire by Sprint Nextel Corp. It states that the acquisition costs Sprint around 108 billion U.S. dollars. According to the author, the price of the deal is estimated to be about 2.97 U.S. dollars per...