HBO Hopes Pacquiao-Marquez Will Keep Buy Streak Alive
- HBO fights to stay on top in pay sports. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;7/20/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 8, p7
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) president Ross Greenburg is leaving the network because of his dissatisfaction in the boxing community, specifically on the failure to televised the fight of boxers Manny Pacquaio and Shane Mosley on May 7, 2011.
- HBO sports' 24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez 4. // Jackson Advocate;11/01/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p12A
The article presents information on live telecast of the reality show 24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez 4 on the television channel Home Box Office Pay-Per-View (HBO PPV).
- Pigskin, pugilism remain vital to the pay cabler'sfun and games department. Justin, Neal // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA14
The article focuses on the importance of boxing for the fun and games department of pay cable broadcasting company, Home Box Office Inc. (HBO), in 2010 in the U.S.
- FLOYD MAYWEATHER - BOXING'S BIGGEST STAR. WYNN, RON // Tennessee Tribune;9/19/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p5B
The author discusses the victory of boxer Floyd Mayweather over Canelo Alvarez for the title of super welterweight which eventually sets a record for net money earned and pay-per-view grosses with the decision of Mayweather to move to Showtime from Home Box Office Inc. (HBO).
- Fight Cards Pack Punch. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/27/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p22
The article reports that the U.S. pay television networks Showtime and Home Box Office (HBO) are planning pay-per-view (PPV) and premium boxing events in the fourth quarter of 2007, hoping to build on the success of the Oscar De La Hoya-Floyd Mayweather PPV fight. The PPV boxing plan includes...
- HBO Puts Marketing Muscle Behind Next '24/7' Fight Series. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/30/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the marketing and promotional campaign for the May 2 Manny Pacquiao-Ricky Hatton pay-per-views boxing even by Home Box Office Inc. The campaign aims to draw younger viewers to the sport. HBO senior vice president of sports operations Mark Taffet said that Pacquiao/Hatton...
- De La Hoya Bout Could Set a PPV Record. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p9
The article reports on the prediction of HBO Corp. concerning the income of the pay-per-view event which will cover the broadcast of the fight between Oscar de la Hoya and Floyd Mayweather on May 5, 2007. HBO thinks that the fight could surpass one million buys and might even exceed the 2002...
- HBO, Showtime Swing in the Ring. // Multichannel News;2/6/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p18
The article reports on the commitment of Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. and Showtime Networks Inc.'s sports head in supporting boxing sports. President Ken Hershman of HBO Sports states that they will continue to work and revitalize the HBO World Championship Boxing pay-per-view events and telecasts...
- Taking Off the Gloves for PPV Bout. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;11/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p32
The article discusses Home Box Office Inc.'s (HBO's) tactics to popularize its pay per view (PPV) subscription television with a match between the boxers, Oscar De La Hoya and Manny Pacquaio. The fight that is to take place on December 6, 2008 is being publicized as the dream match. The...