FearNet Bets on Marquee Thrillers
- New Arkoff monster pix set for HBO. Bernstein, Paula; Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;02/23/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 58, p1
Reports that cable television network Home Box Office has signed a pre-buy deal for `Creature Features,' a series of films inspired by the monster movies produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff. Key people behind the movies; Opportunity for directors to play with their own concepts of fear.
- Horrors! So this is where many filmmakers got their start. Goodale, Gloria // Christian Science Monitor;10/13/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 226, p20
Reviews the television program 'The American Nightmare' which will air on the Independent Film Channel (IFC) and will discuss the merits of horror movies.
- Cable outlets seeking to score with horror. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/23/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 10, p15
The article focuses on the efforts of television networks such as NBC Universal, Comcast Corp., and Cablevision to find fresh outlets for horror programming. NBC Universal has launched "Chiller," a digital-cable network that shows scary movies and television shows. FearNet, launched by Comcast,...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.