Outdoor Sports Video Is Much in Demand
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- News video on demand. // TVB Europe;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p20
Provides information on the digital center owned by Network News Service (NNS) in New York. Integration of video and editorial information; Importance of media management system; Methods that networks are using to pass on the video.
- HBO to Launch SVOD in South Carolina. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p177
Reports the launching of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services by Home Box Office (HBO) in the United States. Efforts of several companies in launching SVOD; Price range of the services; Plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to offer SVOD services.
- PBS CONTENT: CALLING ALL PLATFORMS. // Broadcasting & Cable;Mar/APr2005 Supp PBS, p14
Provides information on the video-on-demand content offered by television network Public Broadcasting System following the success of its Web site, PBS.org. Estimated number of page views and visits on the site in 2004; Background on the network's Ready To Learn initiative; Popularity of its...
- VOD Sea Change. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p20
The article reports on the planned launch of a new video-on-demand (VOD) promotion by Scripps Networks to offer its top-rated shows on-demand, rather than library content in the U.S. Prior to its planned launch, Scripps has been offering utility player library fare on VOD instead of its popular...
- Five in talks to join Kangaroo service. // Media Week;12/11/2007, p5
The article reports that commercial broadcaster Five is one of several parties in talks to join the video-on-demand (VoD) offering proposed by a consortium, including BBC Worldwide, Channel 4 and ITV. Joining the service as a founding partner would net Five a greater revenue share, although...
- Hallmark Reputation. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/24/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the launching of the introductory advertising campaigns of Hallmark Channel in the United States. Context of the campaign entitled 'Surgeon' directed by Jim Jenkens; Quality of the commercials launched by Hallmark; Impact of the video on demand on advertisers; Challenges faced by...
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Highlights the results of a study on cable programming in the U.S., conducted by Arbitron. Percentage of respondents who stated that basic cable networks should be able to air whatever programming they want; Information on video-on-demand format; Impact of the study on the cable industry.
- Promotional Punch. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p90
Discusses the advantages of using video on demand (VOD) in promoting cable channels and programming. Experiments conducted by Nickelodeon Digital Networks on the use of VOD to promote its television series; Strategy adopted by network groups in promoting shows using VOD; Role of VOD in Showtime...