- Cheers for Fears. Snierson, Dan // Entertainment Weekly;11/4/2005, Issue 848, p36
Provides information on several horror television programs and movies in the U.S. which opened in November 2005, including "Ghost Whisperer."
- Year in Fear. // Entertainment Weekly;11/4/2005, Issue 848, p44
Presents a schedule for the release of several horror television programs and movies in the U.S. from October 2005 to October 2006.
- Monster ATTACK. Henry, Denise // Scholastic Scope;10/27/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p17
Presents a quiz for children based on scary television programs and motion pictures.
- WORDPLAY! // Scholastic Scope;10/27/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p19
Presents a quiz for children based on Halloween and horror fiction including television programs and motion pictures.
- 'I'll give you television, I'll give you eyes of blue, I'll give you a man who wants to rule the world': The commodification of women and the desire for the West in Takashi Miike's Imprint. Green, Amy M. // Horror Studies;Apr2015, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p39
The theme of sacrificed identity resonates in popular film and television culture, and is especially exemplified in Imprint, a short film commissioned for the Masters of Horror series, which originally aired on Showtime from 2005 to 2007. Imprint was originally released in 2006, although due to...
- Fright Delight for Women Viewers. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;2/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the growing number of women viewers on bloody and violent horror content films and television programs in the U.S. like "Mega Python versus Gatoroid" and "Tales From the Dark Side."
- the frightening truth about SCARY MOVIES. Hertz, Todd // Campus Life;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on ways to deal with television programs and films that depict the use of magic, occult activity and violence. Factors to be considered when deciding to watch horror television programs and films; Appraisal of the character of evil in the motion picture "Frailty"; Role of the Bible and...
- Providing Thrills and Chills. // Adweek;4/23/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 16, Special section pC14
The article looks at FEARnet, a provider of horror and suspense programming which reaches viewers via a cable television network, an Internet website, and a Video On Demand service. It offers both existing motion pictures and original programming, including the original series "Holliston."...
- Scaring Up the Screams. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p50
Discusses the inclination of U.S. cable and broadcast networks to horror and supernatural programming. Box office performance of horror films; Film directors to contribute to the television series "Masters of Horror"; Preference of women viewers to supernatural-themed programs; Involvement of...