'Walking Dead' Sets Record For Cable Drama Premiere
- Drubbing the DVR. Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p22
The article reports that television (TV) programmers realize the growing significance of event programming as time-shifting and competition increase in 2013. It says that time-shifted viewing consistently eroded TV broadcasting overnight ratings in 2012, which is reflected in the success if...
- Cable Grows A Pair. Thielman, Sam // Adweek;9/10/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 31, p16
The article examines cable television programs and cable network programming. The strong ratings of the cable television programs "Sons of Anarchy," "American Horror Story" and "The Walking Dead" are examined in terms of the decision of the FX and AMC cable networks to begin each season of the...
- Zombie zing pumps AMC. // Daily Variety;3/20/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 56, p1
The article reports that the television series "The Walking Dead" at the AMC channel is breaking ratings records, wherein the season-two finale episode drew nine million viewers.
- 'Dead' looks lively for Fox overseas. // Daily Variety;10/25/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 17, p17
The article reports that the overseas rating of the second season of the television (TV) program "The Walking Dead," broke records in Spain and Mexico which also pulled 10 million viewers in 122 countries.
- Five Fall TV Lessons. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;12/22/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 58, p18
In this article the author discusses what lessons television networks can learn from the ratings of various recent television programs including the high ratings of "The Walking Dead," which proved audiences still like serialized dramas.
- Walking Dead's Ratings Spook Basic-Cable Peers. RICE, LYNETTE // Entertainment Weekly;7/19/2013, Issue 1268, p26
The article profiles the cable television series "The Walking Dead," which is the only television series to become one of the fifty most-watched basic-cable television programs of all time, discussing how the success of the show has inspired competition with other popular shows.
- #TWITTERNIELSENS. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/24/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p6
A list of the top five television programs in the U.S. for the week of March 10-16, 2014, ranked according to the number of Twitter posts ascribed to the show is presented, including "The Bachelor," "The Walking Dead," and "Teen Wolf."
- TV viewers revel in the rich & the dead. // Daily Variety;11/29/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 40, p1
The article reports that television station AMC's show "The Walking Dead" recorded a big number of viewers this fall season.
- AMC'S 'DEAD' A HIT IN SPAIN. Woodring, Anson // Daily Variety;1/14/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 10, p12
The article reports that AMC Inc.'s television series "The Walking Dead" has been a hit in Madrid, Spain, where it landed 3.49 million viewers which is a 16.5% share at its apex.