Standing Up to Bullies, Year-Round
- Tips for Talking With Your Kids about Bullying. // Washington Informer;Sep2013 Back to School Supplement, p6
The article presents information on the bullying prevention campaign by the U.S. satellite channel Cartoon Network aimed at offering children various suggestions concerning coping with bullying in schools including being friendly with one bullied, protesting and being aware of side effects.
- Bullying, Cyberbullying and Female to Female Aggression Empowering students to be part of the solution. Bohr, Maryanne; Murray, Kristen; Anderson, Rebecca; Henson, Liz; Murphy, Marie; Amr, Fatima // Connect: Supporting Student Participation;10/1/2013, Issue 203, p3
The article offers information on the three events hosted by the Priority Schools Programs (PSP) Student Voice of South Western Sydney in New South Wales in August 2013 that empower students to take part in bullying issues. On August 15, girls aged 15 years old and above discussed female to...
- Cyber bullying lawsuits test schools' legal reach. WOJCIK, JOANNE // Business Insurance;3/5/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p6
The article deals with a lawsuit filed by a New Jersey teenager against her high school for 1 million U.S. dollars for failing to stop a cyber bullying campaign. According to the teenager, the campaign was carried out by fellow students and a parent over a three-year period. The passage of state...
- DA's office presents bullying program to local students. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);4/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the presentation of a program on bullying initiated by the 110th Judicial District among the sixth and eighth graders at the Clarendon High School in Clarendon, Texas.
- Bullying behaviours and psychosocial health: results from a cross-sectional survey among high school students in Istanbul, Turkey. Alikasifoglu, Mujgan; Erginoz, Ethem; Ercan, Oya; Uysal, Omer; Albayrak-Kaymak, Deniz // European Journal of Pediatrics;Dec2007, Vol. 166 Issue 12, p1253
The aim of this study was to investigate bullying behaviours and their associations with health and health risk behaviours. This study involved completion of the Health Behaviour in School-Aged Children (HBSC) and Youth Self Report (YSR) questionnaires by 3,519 students. Of the students, 59.4% (...
- Treating Cyberbullying as a School Violence. Stover, Del // Education Digest;Dec2006, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p40
The article focuses on treating cyberbullying as a school violence issue. Online bullying is especially prevalent in middle and high schools. The author claims that for the targets of cyberbullying, the psychological harm generated is comparable to that of physical bullying. Specific concerns...
- The TROUBLE With BULLIES. Fanning, Karen // Junior Scholastic;9/1/2008, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the impact of bullying and how students should with deal with bullies in school and cyberbullies.
- Meet the New Sheriff. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic;3/19/2012, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses bullying in schools and informs that new anti-bullying legislation has recently come into effect in New Jersey and Massachusetts and 48 states now have anti-bullying statutes in U.S.
- Cyberbullying: Boys vs. Girls. // Weekly Reader News Edition 4-6;9/2/2011, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p8
A quiz about cyberbullying in U.S. schools is presented.