Weather Takes Toll on Telcos in Third Quarter
- Mobile Giants Feast on Spectrum Licenses. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;4/4/2008, p3
The article focuses on U.S. mobile operator Verizon Wireless' broadband plans following the company's $9.36 billion purchase of licenses in the 700 MHz auction. The announcement was made after AT&T and Qualcomm revealed how much they had spent and the licenses they had acquired in the auction...
- AT&T matches Verizon in 4G race. Donoghue, Sophie // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
US mobile giant AT&T has announced that it has extended its 4G services to 26 new markets in the US.
- AT&T, Verizon Benefit From iPhone, Smartphone Demand. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/30/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p53
The article reports on the financial performance of telecommunication companies AT&T and Verizon in the quarter ended December 31, 2011, including number of wireless subscribers, smartphone sales, and smartphone activations.
- Company Monitor. // USA Telecommunications Report;Q4 2011, Issue 4, p60
The article presents the profiles of operators in U.S. telecommunications, as well as their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. AT&T, considered the largest fixed-line and broadband operator in the U.S., is experiencing a decline in fixed-line market that has affected their...
- Fizzling DSL Feeds Cable Broadband. // Multichannel News;7/30/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p6
The article presents information on two telecommunication providers AT&T Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. who have been losing their customers on the older digital-subscriber line connections as fast as gaining new ones on the fiber-based broadband. It informs that cable operators such as...
- In-Home Tech Support â€”The Next Big Thing? Hardesty, Linda // Communications Technology;Mar2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses the in-home technical support systems for digital devices and Internet connections. It states that some of the big telecommunications operators offer premium services to the consumer including AT&T who introduced ConnecTech where technicians can help consumers in their own...
- FCC OKs Pay-For-Play Rules. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/19/2014, pB02
5 The FCC OK'd on party lines a draft of rules that would let Internet service providers charge more for faster content delivery. But it also seeks to regain authority over broadband ISPs by reclassifying them as public utilities. The vote opens 4 months of public comment â€” with heavy...
- BT accuses US rivals of harming competition. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;9/14/2015, p1
A BT executive has accused its US rivals of harming competition with the large fees they charge for using their infrastructure, according to the Financial Times.
- U.S. Led 4G Wireless Evolution, But Asia, Europe Seek 5G Lead. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;1/15/2015, pA04
Verizon and AT&T turned the U.S. into 4G wireless champions, but a 5G repeat is in question.