TWC's Notes From Underground Aimed At Educating Subs
- Converging media types simplify network management. Stange, Steve // Lightwave;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p18
Discusses the utilization of optical fiber to simplify network maintenance. Expenses in maintaining multiple media; Significance of conversion technology; Requirements for security and video systems.
- CX-13295/G Cable... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Feb2000, Issue 567, p51
Details preventive maintenance of CX-13295/G fiber optic cables. Information on the parts of the cable.
- Myanmar telecom operators report disruptions to their services. // Submarine Fiber Optic Communications;Aug2015, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on disruptions to services experienced by a number of telecom operators in Myanmar as of August 2015 that were caused by faults in their respective terrestrial links to Thailand.
- Maintaining fiber-optic cable at the demarc. Matthews, Joel K. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Apr99, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the maintenance of fiber-optic cable at the junction of the public and private networks. Two basic styles of fiber demarcation; Ways of simplifying splicing; Importance of connectors.
- Laying foundation for subsea fiber-optics. // Control Engineering;May2001, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p31
Introduces Sonsub Inc.'s Sedna, a remotely operated vehicle for fiber optic cable maintenance and installation. Equipment comprising the vehicle.
- LET THERE BE [Fiber Optic] LIGHT. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Oct2014, Issue 743, p50
A comic strip about preventive for fiber optic cable is presented.
- Government of Guyana Cancels Deal with local firm to repair and maintenance of fiber optic cable. // Submarine Fiber Optic Communications;Aug2015, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the decision of the government of Guyana as of August 2015 to scrap a deal with Dax Construction, a local firm for the repair and maintenance of the fiber-optic infrastructure connecting the nation to Brazil.
- TW gives prepayers rate break. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p56
Reports on the plans of Time Warner Cable to give its New York City, New York cable subscribers a chance to avoid 1996 rate hikes. Prepayment for 12 months of service; Other terms of the deal; Responses from interested subscribers; Long-term commitment from the subscriber; Rate hike.
- Southwestern Cable bulks up. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p62
Reports on Time Warner Cable system's Southwestern Cable's completion of a five million dollar rebuild of its headend and network operations center in San Diego, California. Increase in programming capacity; System design and integration; Other equipment in the operations center; Focus on...