Animal Planet Finds Bigfoot and Beer Makes Hour Happy
- 'Thoroughbred': Equine Ups and Downs. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p28
Features Animal Planet's television program 'Thoroughbred.' Process behind winning horseraces.
- Booth Doings:. // CableFAX Daily;4/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p5
Presents news briefs related to the booth activities of participants in the 2006 National Show conference of the cable television industry. Disney; Reynolds Cable; HRTV.
- Sinners, Saints & Swag. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 16, p6
The article focuses on issues at the National Show of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association held at the Georgia World Congress Center in April 2006. It comments on the placement of the booth of Gospel Music Channel beside that of Hustler TV. Fox News handed out gym bags for the...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Using Web to Drive TV Tune-In. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p42
The article reports that broadcast and cable networks increasingly are turning to the Web to help drive tune-in to their on-air programs. When Animal Planet launched reality show "Groomer Has It," the cable network concentrated most of its marketing efforts online. Lifetime also has turned to...
- Up the Food Chain. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;3/30/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 13, special section p4
The article discusses the efforts of the Animal Planet cable television network to increase its popularity. The show "Whale Wars," which features environmentalist vigilantes disrupting whaling activities, is described as an example of the network's attempts to expand beyond its reputation for...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...