- Advertisers rush into growing market. Cooper, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/93, Vol. 123 Issue 46, p46
Discusses advertisers' focus on Hispanic-oriented advertising. Hispanic viewership; Growing indications of the availability of the Hispanic market; Hispanics' spending patterns.
- Use TV to sell to the booming Hispanic market. Wilkinson, Philip C. // San Diego Business Journal;03/10/97, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the growth of the Hispanic market especially in San Diego, California, highlighting the importance of this segment of the population. Why this segment is important; Buying power of the Hispanic population; Important consideration when assessing the Hispanic market; How this segment...
- Spanish steps. Davids, Meryl // MediaWeek;06/01/98, Vol. 8 Issue 22, Adweek Upfront p24
Focuses on the growing advertising revenues of Hispanic American television networks in 1998. Amount of advertiser commitments gained by Univision Network; Recognition by Telemundo officials that the attention signifies the growing clout of Hispanic consumers.
- Radio ad boom sweet music to station owners. Lasek, Alicia // Advertising Age;3/18/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p30
Reports that Hispanic radio stations have enjoyed increased advertising revenues due to high ratings, continued growth among Hispanic populations in the United States, and advertisers' acknowledgement of the buying power of Hispanics. Spanish Broadcasting System setting a record by paying $83.5...
- New growth, old issues. // Electronic Media;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p1
Reports on how Hispanic media is growing in the late 1990s. Problems remaining concerning Hispanic advertising.
- First language comes first. Mogelonsky, Marcia // American Demographics;Oct95, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p21
Informs that a study concludes that most Hispanics prefer their media in the first language they learned to speak. Television as the medium of choice for Hispanics, regardless of the language they first learned; Print media as used the least frequently; The varying media usage by country of origin.
- Spanish-language marketing in U.S.: $1.4 billion in '97. // Orange County Business Journal;03/30/98, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p19
Estimates how much advertising is done by Orange County, California-based companies in the Hispanic media in 1997. Advertising expenditures quoted from the December 1997 issue of `Hispanic Business'; Advertising revenues quoted from the National Hispanic Media Directory.
- Golden Eagle Awards. C.L. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p48
Reports on the organization of the 1997 Golden Eagle Awards by the Hispanic community of the United States. Broadcasting of the event; Sponsors.
- Latinos honor positive portrayals. // Electronic Media;12/16/96-12/23/96, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p20
Presents information on the 1996 National Council of La Raza Bravo Awards in the United States. Identification of films which recognized positive portrayals of Latinos in television and film; Details on various films which were awarded.