QUICK HITS: CONTENT
- Celebrate DIRECTV's 10th anniversary in Filipino community. // Filipino Reporter;11/6/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 49, p14
The article discusses the launch of the Pasko sa Pilipinas Sweepstakes from American direct broadcast satellite service provider and broadcaster DirecTV Inc. on October 19, 2015 as part of its anniversary celebration.
- Cape Fearless. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;9/1/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 34, p14
The article provides updates on the broadcast industry in the U.S. According to the BIA Financial, the National Broadcasting Company Inc. affiliate has grabbed half the market's revenue in 2007 and has continued to rule news. It is noted that Time Warner Inc. is the dominant cable operator in...
- Strategy Shifts Pay Off. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/13/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p22
The article reports hike in stock prices of broadcasting companies, namely Charter Communications Inc. (CCI) and DirecTV Inc. (DTI) in the U.S. and Latin America as a result of their strong first quarter financial reports in 2013. It states that one the reasons for the success of CCI is mostly...
- Industry Tweets That Caught Our Eye. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/19/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 16, p7
The article presents several online messages related to the broadcasting industry in the U.S.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;8/26/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p11
A calendar of events of broadcasting industry of the U.S. to be held in September-October 2013 is presented which includes 2013 Mid-America Cable Show, 12th Annual PAL Show of Music Industries Association of Canada, and Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) Leadership Conference.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p11
A calendar of events related to broadcasting industry from January 2013 to March 2013 in the U.S. is presented including an event titled "Krewe of Louisiana Cable Show," a meeting of the organization California Cable Telecommunications Associations and an event titled "Cable Day at the Capitol."
- Deals. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/9/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 42, p19
The article lists several deals made by various companies in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. including TCT Ministries, Multicultural Capital Trust, and Kaluil & Co. Inc.
- Schoomze. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/17/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 36, p8
Several photographs are presented depicting broadcasting industry executives and television personalities at various events in the U.S. including Ken Harbaugh of ServiceNation, John Quigley of Time Warner Cable Inc. and NBC's "Fashion Star" judge Nicole Richie.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/20/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p21
A calendar of events for broadcasting industry in the U.S. from April to June 2015 is presented which includes the Ninth Annual Cable Apprentice competition on May 1, the Multicultural breakfast and panel discussion on May 6, and the Forum 2015 on June 3.