HBO Hires Hershman for Sports Post
- Showtime veteran to lead HBO sports. // Daily Variety;10/14/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 10, p4
The article announces that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) has appointed Ken Hershman as its new prexy of sports.
- A Heavyweight Job. Mannix, Chris // Sports Illustrated;10/24/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 16, p20
The article focuses on television broadcasting executive Ken Hershman of the subscription television company Home Box Office (HBO), discussing Hershman's influence on boxing in his position as President of the division HBO Sports.
- HBO, Showtime Swing in the Ring. // Multichannel News;2/6/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p18
The article reports on the commitment of Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. and Showtime Networks Inc.'s sports head in supporting boxing sports. President Ken Hershman of HBO Sports states that they will continue to work and revitalize the HBO World Championship Boxing pay-per-view events and telecasts...
- HBO Home Video. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p44
Reports on motion picture video releases from HBO Home Video for the fourth quarter of 1996.
- New video ventures. Shakespeare, Tonia L.; Hayes, Cassandra // Black Enterprise;May96, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p66
Reports on the video contracts that HBO Home Video has acquired from several movie outfits. Includes the videotapes `White Man's Burden'; `Tuskegee Airmen'; `Straight Out of Brooklyn'; `Cosmic Slop'; Role that Henry McGee played to negotiate the release of the films.
- HBO to produce hour dramas. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p148
Reports on Home Box Office's (HBO) plans for 1994. Entry into the one-hour drama business; Statistics on HBO' success in 1993; Growth in subscriber base; Return of comedian Dennis Miller as host of a weekly, half-hour show; Lineup of original movies and documentaries for 1994; Extension of...
- HBO launches in-room video services network. // Hotel & Motel Management;3/22/93, Vol. 208 Issue 5, p41
Reports on the introduction of the Home Box Office (HBO) Visitor Information Network to hotels. Providing in-room video services; Features of the service; Rolling out in several states.
- Talk about a running gag. Waters, H.F.; Cohen, A. // Newsweek;5/29/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 22, p62
Reports that Home Box Office plans to launch a new, all-comedy channel this fall, featuring video clips from comedy films, movies, live stand-up performances, original sitcoms, and studio hosts. Competing channels are developing their own all-comedy channels.
- HBO burnishes brand. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/97, Vol. 127 Issue 44, p54
States that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) will replace its entire stable of promotional breaks and on-air IDs with a series of segments featuring the HBO logo as the lead character in a variety of stan-alone stories. Promotion of HBO as an entertainment channel with diverse movies; Partnership...