Spike TV Gets 'Aggressive' on Live Sports
- Networks Plan for Live Sports Pre-emptions. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/5/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p22
Reports the proposal of broadcast networks on shifting the live sports pre-emptions in the United States. Purpose of broadcast networks on the shifting of coverage; Implications on the change of programming due to scheduling consideration and contract provisions; Deference of breaking the...
- TV GUIDE. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;1/25/2012, p35
The article reports that Daytona 24 Hours will be shown live in MotorsTV and British Eurosport 2 from January 28-29, 2012.
- Delay of Games. Friedman, Dick // Sports Illustrated;3/8/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p19
The article explores the possibility of broadcasting the 2014 Winter Olympic events live, rather than tape-delayed, as was the case during the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- ITV. // Evening Standard;11/15/2013, p62
ITV Live International Football, 7.30pm
- TV REWIND. Schneider, Stu // Golf World;10/8/2004, Vol. 58 Issue 16, p10
Reports on developments involving companies in the television industry as of October 2004. Live golf telecast of Mark Christopher Charity Classic, a nationwide tour event aired at ABC on October 3, 2004; Taping of The Golf Channel's (TGC) telecast of the Southern Farm Bureau Classic; Casting of...
- ESPN goes to the X-treme for a global presence. Darby, Ian // Campaign;8/24/2007, Issue 34, p17
This article reports on growth opportunities offered by X Games, the live event created by the sports broadcaster ESPN, to ESPN to become a global media player. It is stated that X Games have evolved into a top-class sporting event in its own right, attracting the leading participants in each...
- Unrepeatable content offers hope for the interruptive ad. Nutley, Michael // New Media Age;12/18/2003, p14
Comments on interruptive advertising in unrepeatable or live television programs. Problems faced by the interruptive model of advertising; Reason for the popularity of sport shows among viewers; Factors contributing to the increasing value of the rock band Rolling Stones.
- Men's cabler to keep fighting' through '08. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;3/22/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 59, p2
The article reports on the new agreement between Spike TV and Viacom Inc. for the continuous showing of the sport program "Ultimate Fighting Championship" until 2008 in the U.S. The arrangement includes airing several television shows such as the twelve episodes of "Ultimate Fight Night Live,"...
- TAKE A PEAK. Dohrmann, George // Sports Illustrated;4/14/2003, Vol. 98 Issue 15, pA19
Adventure racers, Alpinists, outdoor enthusiasts and millions of others who use carabiners only as key chains will click their televisions to the Outdoor Life Network (OLN) and watch hours and hours of live footage beamed from the top of the world. Awe and wonder will ensue as viewers watch...