BEST OF MULTICHANNEL.COM: ONLINE VIDEO
- Hulu Vies For Netflix Turf. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/4/2015, pA01
4 The streaming service, co-owned by
- Netflix Rival Hulu's Partners Not Seen Selling To Fox. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;8/6/2015, p00
The article focuses on a report from Stifel Nicholas Research revealing that Murdoch-controlled 21st Century Fox Inc. could possibly acquiring full control of video streamer Hulu LLC, a Netflix Inc.. rival. It reveals that Walt Disney Co. and Comcast Corp. are the other owners of Hulu, which...
- REPORT: HULU UP FOR SALE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;6/27/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the decision to sell the Hulu website for advertisement-supported and subscription-based repurposed television (TV) programming owned by the Walt Disney Co., News Corp. and NBC Universal in June 2011.
- Cable faces crossed wires. // Dow Theory Forecasts;11/30/2015, Vol. 71 Issue 48, p1
The article focuses on data collected by industry researcher MoffettNathanson in which it analyzed that cable television industry is declining because of increased availability of online content. Various technology firms providing online media services includes Amazon.com Inc., Netflix Inc. and...
- If Hulu Partners Are Anti-Netflix, Will DOJ Look? REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;11/17/2015, p00
The article examines the possible investigation to be launched by U.S. federal regulators if mass media and communications companies Comcast Corp., 21st Century Fox Inc., and Walt Disney Co. will bring in Time Warner Cable Inc. as a fourth partner in media streaming service Hulu LLC over...
- NETFLIX INKS STREAMING RIGHTS TO DISNEY SHOWS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;5/13/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the distribution agreement between U.S.-based on-demand Internet streaming media provider Netflix and the Disney/ABC Television Group.
- IGER: DISNEY REVISITING NETFLIX AGREEMENTS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/15/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p1
This article reports on the move of Walt Disney Co. to review its agreements with Netflix in 2011.
- Can Netflix absorb cost of content? Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;12/6/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 47, p1
The article reports that Netflix Inc. will not increase rates even after signing an exclusive film licensing deal with Walt Disney Co., which some believe could cost the company as high as $350 million per year.
- NETFLIX DIGS DEEP. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;12/5/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on digital streaming deal between Netflix and Walt Disney Co. which will offer the company exclusive access to Disney's new and catalog access.