Comcast Still Vetting Potential Newcomers For Diversity Slots
- Interactive Taking Off in Comcast's Pilot Test. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the decision of Comcast to begin its pilot launch of interactive television (ITV) programming services from several cable networks in Baltimore, Maryland in 2005. Information on cable networks that have signed for the pilot test of Comcast; Advantages of ITV; Other plans of the...
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Comcast Pitches Houston RSN. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/31/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p26
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to build another regional sports network around the backyards of Major League Baseball and National Basketball Associations teams, the Houston Astros and Houston Rockets, which is marked as the first since 2007.
- Comcast: 100 Bids for New Network Launches. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the 100 prospective Hispanic and African-American television (TV) networks which are nominees for the three minority-owned, multi-cultural themed networks to be launched by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. in 2012 and 2013.
- COMCAST BEGINS EFFORT TO LAUNCH TEN NEW INDEPENDENT NETWORKS. // Tennessee Tribune;4/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p13A
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to launch ten independent television networks.
- Comcast effort adds 18 more nets. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;7/15/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the participation of CBS Television Network and 17 cable networks to Online on Demand, the Comcast Corp. online video trial. CBS is the first broadcasting network on board where much of its programming is available online at its own TV.com. Comcast and the cable networks...
- THE BIZ: Inside Move. Lemire, Joe // Sports Illustrated;3/16/2009, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p22
The article reports that the Versus television network, which was formerly called the Outdoor Life Network, has grown in popularity with young viewers. The network is owned by Comcast, and broadcasts numerous sporting events including hockey, bullriding, and cycling. It has grown steadily in...
- What Happened in Vegas. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;4/19/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 16, p18
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. related to the meetings of several network affiliates at the National Broadcasters (NAB) convention in Las Vegas. The ABC affiliates board meeting focuses on how to attract more male viewers. The CBS affiliates board meeting discusses the action plan of...
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...