Alan Gerry Says Wall Street Protests Won't Last Long
- HIT OR MISS? // PRWeek (London);12/10/2010, p2
A photograph of UK Uncut campaigners protesting against the tax arrangements of rich individuals and big businesses in Great Britain, is presented.
- Robin Hood Tax. // Progressive;Oct2012, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p11
The article reports that people demonstrated on the second day of an international AIDS conference in Washington D.C. on July 24, 2012 as they want Robin Hood tax on the wealthy.
- The tax relief protest has stirred up debate about the value of the sector. // Third Sector;5/8/2012, Issue 706, p20
The author discusses the debate raised by the tax relief protest over the value of the charity sector in Great Britain . He states that the Give IT Back, George campaign shifted the focus on the government over its claim that tax relief is about preventing tax breaks for wealthy people, gaining...
- The State of the Union: A Poll. Harsanyi, David // Hit & Run;10/16/2011, p22
The article presents the results of a poll on U.S. President Barack Obama's performance and the state of the U.S. It indicates that majority of Americans agree with his plan to create jobs with 99% agreeing on the plan to invest in the future. It notes that 99% agree with his new stimulus plan...
- An open letter to Warren Buffett. Poltenson, Norm // Business Journal (Central New York);9/2/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p25
An open letter from "The Central New York Business Journal" publisher to Warren Buffett regarding increasing taxes for rich people in the U.S.
- Why the Wealthy Must Pay More. Perkins Jr., David L. // Business Owner;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p12
A blog is presented on the reason why the rich should pay more federal taxes in the U.S.
- Eliminating poverty. Nickell, Stephen // Prospect;May2010, Issue 170, p15
The article focuses on the poverty issues in Great Britain, in which the process of eliminating the said destitution in the long term perspective is to provide Britons higher levels of skill while the short-range way includes taxing the wealthier households heavily and giving the poor sufficient...
- Buffet says rich don't need tax cuts. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;12/16/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 20, Special section p8
The article reports on the perception of Warren Buffet, a multibillionaire, on the extension of tax cuts to the wealthy people in New York.
- Responsible Wealth calls for more taxes on wealthy in Obama-GOP deal. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;12/16/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 20, p17
The article reports on the opposition of Responsible Wealth, a nationwide network of business leaders, on the massive tax breaks for multimillionaires and billionaires in an economic crisis in the U.S.