NBA Stoppage Forces Nets to Scramble
- Dropping The Ball. // Current Events;11/14/2011, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p2
The article reports that National Basketball Association (NBA) Commissioner David Stern on October 28, 2011 announced the cancellation of NBA games through November 2011 on account of a lockout over a new collective bargaining agreement.
- Is NBA meeting a sign of progress? Mahoney, Brian // Charlotte Post;9/1/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 51, p5A
The article reports that National Basketball Association (NBA) Commissioner David Stern, league officials, players' association will meet in September 2011 to discuss issues concerning the NBA lockout.
- NBA Talks Enter Critical Stage. Wynn, Ron // Tennessee Tribune;10/6/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p5B
The article focuses on the split and conflict involving the owners and players of National Basketball Association (NBA), in which NBA Commissioner David Stern says that there would be consequences if there would be no significant talks over the issue on lockouts.
- Greedheads of Basketball. Eisenberg, Daniel // Time;10/19/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 16, p69
Comments on the labor dispute between National Basketball Association (NBA) players and team owners. Players locked out by owners; What each side is demanding; NBA Commissioner David Stern's cancellation of the preseason; View that some of the regular season will be cancelled; Average annual...
- Comment. Gopnik, Adam // New Yorker;11/23/98, Vol. 74 Issue 36, p31
Focuses on the strike and lockout in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Reason for the strike and lockout; Information on other strikes and lockouts; Lesson from the NBA lockout.
- Fixing dysfunctional NBA will take time, flexibility. Benner, Bill // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p39A
The article offers the author's insights on the state of National Basketball Association (NBA) which is suffering from a lockout wherein he states that it needs flexibility and time to fix the NBA.
- Legal hoopholes. McCLURG, ANDREW J. // ABA Journal;Jan1999, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p18
Addresses several legal questions concerning the National Basketball Association (NBA) lockout. Reason for calling it a lockout; Cause of the dispute; Plans to generate more money.
- Public trust put to test by prolonged NBA lockout. CARTER, RICHARD G. // New York Amsterdam News;10/6/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 40, p11
The article the author's views on National Basketball Association's players lockout and the white billionaire owners of the teams.
- THE NBA LOCKOUT. HARRIS, JAIME C. // New York Amsterdam News;10/6/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 40, p43
The article presents information on the National Basketball Association (NBA) lockout due to a dispute between team owners and players over revenue sharing.