- Wave and tidal. Kermode, Neil // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Sep2008, Issue 807, p36
The article discusses the potential of harnessing tidal energy from the sea. The entry notes that one-fifth of Great Britain's electricity needs may soon come from marine sources as The Carbon Trust established by the British government is accelerating efforts to identify low carbon energy. It...
- Let's go with the flow. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);3/26/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7720, p5
The author reflects on the offshore installation of tidal and wave devices in the Orkney coast in Great Britain. He emphasized that the plan can be an ideal energy source in the area. He stressed that it can benefit British engineers for it will give them the chance to showcase their talents...
- Executive Summary. // Ocean Energy Report;2003, Issue 1, p3
Provides information on different kinds of ocean energy. Countries which have tidal energy schemes in operation; Explanation of how wave energy is generated; Advantage of ocean thermal energy conversion over other forms of ocean energy; Characteristics of marine current energy.
- 1. Ocean Energy. // Ocean Energy Report;2003, Issue 1, p8
Identifies the ways by which ocean energy can be harvested. Structure used to control tidal energy; Explanation of how wave energy can be generated; Information on ocean thermal energy conversion; Device that can be used to generate marine current energy.
- Executive Summary. // Ocean Energy Report;2005, Issue 2, p6
Provides information on ocean energy resources. Types of energy that the ocean can produce; Use of barrages by tidal power stations in several countries including Canada in investigating the potential exploitation of tidal energy; Details of the generation of wave energy.
- Ocean Energy Overview. // Ocean Energy Report;2005, Issue 2, p10
Provides information on ocean energy resources. Background on the use of barrages in tidal power stations; Process involved in the generation of wave energy; Concept behind Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion.
- OCEAN ENERGY CONVERSION. // Renewable Energy Report;2004, Vol. 1, p215
Presents an overview of the global ocean energy conversion. Experimental projects for ocean energy; Investigation of the potential exploitation of tidal energy; Wave energy generation.
- Helping Generate Electricity Under the Sea. Ewings, Paul // Fastener Technology International;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p44
The article focuses on the utilization of tidal and wave technology as renewable source of energy in the Orkney Islands in Orkney, Scotland. It discusses the work of European Marine Energy Center (EMEC) in tidal and wave energy sector and describes tidal turbine system AR1000, installed by...
- Nature Inspires Tidal Energy Systems. // Australasian Science;May2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the use of biomimicry by Biopower company to tap wave and tidal energy. Characteristics of wave power and tidal energy; Features of the BioWave model; Design of BioWave.