A party in turmoil
- Workwatch. Nash, Heather // inCite;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1/2, p32
The article focuses on the effect of changes to federal industrial relations (IR) legislation on workforce in Australia in 2008. Minister for Industrial Relations Julia Gillard has indicated that these changes will be introduced in various stages with the first segment focusing on abolition of...
- Mixed Indian Response to New Australian Govt. // India -- West;9/17/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 43, pA42
The article focuses on the reaction of the Indians concerning the victory of Prime Minister Julia Gillard's Labor Party in Australia.
- Climate Change and Natural Disasters: The Changing Weather in Climate Politics. Kassim, Yang Razali // Issues in Human Security in Asia;2011, p19
The article focuses on the implication of he rise of Julia Gillard as the Prime Minister of Australia to the political career and climate change policy of former Labour Party Kevin Rudd. It mentions that the Rudd is one of the few politicians who pushed for global campaign for climate change, in...
- NO EXIT. Latham, Mark // Monthly: Australian Politics, Society & Culture;Nov2010, Issue 62, p18
An essay is presented on the Australian Labor Party (ALP). It presents a discussion on the failure of the governance of former Prime Minister and ALP Leader Kevin Rudd which was accounted to several factors such as his strategy to reduce poverty. It discusses the policy of Prime Minister Julia...
- GILLARD'S CLEAR AIR. // BRW;3/28/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p14
The article focuses on the ineffective government policies of Prime Minister of Australia, Julia Gillard, due to poor policy-making and ineffective policies related to government reform.
- Left unity more urgent than ever. Boyle, Peter // Green Left Weekly;3/27/2013, Issue 959, p5
The author reflects on the governing policies used by the Australian Labor Party (ALP). He states that Prime Minister of Australia Julia Gillard and her government follow conservative, neoliberal and pro-imperialist policies that have increased corruption in Australia. He further states...
- Hit the road. Robb, Andrew // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/6/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6555, p15
The author reflects on the 2007 Australian federal election. The author contends that the Labor Party opposition has stirred strong community interest by moving to Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard. In addition, he has stated that no one doubts the ability of the Labor to play politics, however, the...
- Political stability is too much to hope for. Fisher, Leo D'Angelo // BRW;3/1/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on concerns of the business sector following the confirmation of Julia Gillard as leader of the federal Labor Party and Prime Minister of Australia. Mark Stone, chief executive of the Victorian Employers' Chamber of Commerce and Industry, says the business community hopes...
- Australia's first female PM at the IoD. // Director;Jun2015, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p73
The article discusses about Julia Gillard, Australia's first female Prime Minister, who will discuss her experiences as the Labor party premier at 116 Pall Mall, London, UK as part of the Institute Of Directors Mackworth Lecture.