OFF-GRID IN THE CARIBOO
- Katrina Spurs Alternative Fuels. // Taproot Journal;Spring/Summer2005, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p29
The article focuses on the development of alternative fuel technology in the aftermath of the Hurricane Katrina in 2011 in the U.S.
- Consumers have yet to make the alternative-fuel leap. Lynn, Steve // Northern Colorado Business Report;7/13/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p5
The article discusses the need of consumer awareness for adopting alternative fuel technology. It has been informed that Weld and Larimer counties are opening new alternative energy fueling stations in the region, but increase in the use of alternative energy by public is still unclear....
- Green power study begins. // Planning (14672073);3/20/2009, Issue 1810, p5
The article reports on the initiation of a study spearheaded by the Horsham District Council in England which evaluates opportunities for increased use of renewable and low carbon energy. It is noted that the Centre for Sustainable Energy is preparing an evidence base on renewable energy...
- Infrastructure project? You need a system view. Harrison, Simon // Utility Week;3/27/2015, p9
The article focuses on the need to invest in alternative energy for transition and maintain supply resilience in Great Britain and mentions topics such as expansion of renewable energy sources, need for stronger focus on demand response, and determine correct timing for deployment.
- conservation effort. RICHARDSON, WHITNEY // Country's Best Cabins;Jun2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p56
The article features a cabin in Eagle Lake, Ontario that made the owners rethink how they consume energy. Solar power reportedly probed a solid option for the cabin. The Zoldy family decided to buy a start kit consisting four solar panels and a backup propane generator. Besides its alternative...
- T: Strike a New Partnership with Brazil. Johannpeter, Jorge Gerdau // Americas Quarterly;Fall2008, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p78
In this article the author urges the U.S. and Brazil to expand their trade relationship. He says that Brazil must expand its domestic market for its increasing production of biofuels, for instance, while strengthening its research and development capacity. The U.S. needs business partners...
- OILWEBS.COM LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE TO BRING BIO-HEAT TO MARKET. // Fuel Oil News;Dec2011, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p12
The article announces the launch of www.bioheatdealers.com by Oilwebs.com to provide an opportunity for homeowners and businesses to find sources of cleaner burning bio-heat blends.
- RENEWABLE ENERGY -- A SUSTAINABLE AND CLEANER RESOURCE. CASE STUDY FOR ROMANIA. Grec, Aurica; Ardelean, Dorina; Roşu, Alexandra // Environmental Engineering & Management Journal (EEMJ);Sep2012, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1595
Whereas the energy sector is, currently, mainly described as a vertically monopolistic structure, one may expect that during the course of this century it will rapidly shift towards a decentralized system that appears to be more efficient and cleaner. In this context, the third millennium...
- Report: US could triple renewable energy by 2030. // Chemical Week;1/19/2015, p52
The article focuses on a report published by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IREA), which found that the level of renewable energy could be increased in the overall energy mix from 7.5% in 2010 to 27% by 2030 in the U.S.