Study eyes EOL trends for Medicare patients
- Study shows gap in care for discharged patients. // Hospital Peer Review;Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p73
The article discusses research being done on the rehospitalization of Medicare beneficiaries in the U.S., published in the April 2009 issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine."
- HCFA revises proposed ABN for Labs. Szabo, Joan // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p60
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Health Care Financing Administration to standardize advanced beneficiary notices (ABN) given by Medicare Part B providers to beneficiaries. Information on ABN; Improvements to the notice; Reason for the revisions.
- Medicare quality improvement organization reminder about beneficiary rights. // Jackson Advocate;7/22/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 40, p12A
The article offers information on the beneficiary rights of Medicare recipients as stated by the Medicare quality improvement organization Information and Quality Healthcare (IQH).
- Health Affairs. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/23/2011, Vol. 21, p182
The article reports that managed care program of Medicare offers numerous private health plan alternatives to beneficiaries compared to traditional Medicare.
- Feds revising drug discount proposal. // Drug Utilization Review;Jan2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
Reports that the administration of U.S President George W. Bush is preparing to offer discounts on medicines sold to Medicare beneficiaries. Reason for the blockage of the administration's original plan by a federal district court judge in September 2001; Comment of Susan C. Winckler of the...
- The Des Moines Register. // Hill;5/8/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 53, p36
The article focuses on the issue concerning the plan of the U.S. government to implement cheaper prices on drugs for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Comparing Medicare Beneficiaries, by Type of Post-Acute Care Received: 1999. Shatto, Andrew // Health Care Financing Review;Winter2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p137
Compares the functional limitations, health status, chronic conditions, marital status, and household composition of Medicare beneficiaries in the U.S. who received acute care services by the type, if any, of post-acute care received, utilizing data from the 1999 Medicare Current Beneficiary...
- More rural help needed. Gilstrap, M.E. // Modern Healthcare;1/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p23
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Rural Realities," by Tim Size in the December 1, 2003 issue.
- �released too soon�. Cardin, Virginia A. // Modern Healthcare;5/18/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p24
A letter to the editor is presented concerning the rehospitalization of Medicare patients in the U.S.