LAOS: RISK SUMMARY
- Key Sector Data Tables. // Laos Country Review;2001/2002, p28
Presents statistics on the performance of key industrial sectors in Laos, through 2000. Agriculture; Energy industries; Manufacturing.
- ECONOMIC OVERVIEW. // Laos Country Review;2007, p59
The article presents an economic outlook for Laos.
- Labor market adjustment under transition in Laos. Bourdet, Yves // Journal of Asian Economics;Winter96, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p651
Examines the impact of reform policy on the labor market in Laos, and shows how a better adjustment of the labor market can facilitate the success of the New Economic Mechanism. Information on structural changes in Laos; Statistics on the labor force in Laos; Educational attainment of the Lao...
- The money of power. Weber, Maya // World Trade;Nov96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p30
Offers a look at Laos. Its population; Single greatest future source of the country's foreign currency; Its number one export; Foreign companies which is planning to drill exploratory wells to search for natural gas in the country. INSET: Save the theun..
- Economic Overview. // Laos Country Review;2009, p36
The article presents an overview of Laotian economy.
- LAOS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Reports developments on political and economic issues in Laos as of October 2002. Increase in the anti-government activity in the country; Expansion of the economy of the country; Problems in the approval of foreign-investment application in the country.
- Foreign Bond Attractive. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
The article presents an outlook on the economic conditions in Laos from 2010 and beyond, with details on the implications of the fiscal and monetary policy on the country's macroeconomic stability and foreign bond investments.
- Economic Conditions. // Laos Country Review;2001/2002, p20
Describes economic conditions in Laos, as of 2001. Overview of the domestic economy; Key economic indicators; Economic performance in the 1990s; Balance of payments.
- Macroeconomic Activity Data Tables. // Laos Country Review;2001/2002, p22
Presents statistics on macroeconomic activity in Laos, through 2000. Gross domestic product; Employment by sector; Money supply.