Thai Baht: Staying Range-Bound For Now
- CNY: New Regime No One-Way Bet. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/28/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p1
The article discusses currency trading updates involving the Chinese yuan (CNY) as of June 21, 2010. It is reported that CNY trading has improved compared to the U.S. dollar and other currencies dependent on Chinese import demand such as the Australian dollar and the Korean won have benefited...
- Is there J-Curve effect in the commodity trade between Korea and rest of the world? Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen; Zhang, Ruixin // Economic Change & Restructuring;Aug2014, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p227
Previous studies that investigated the short-run and long-run effects of depreciation of the Korean won on the Korean trade balance with the rest of the world have not been able to discover significant effects. Suspecting that these studies suffer from aggregation bias, we disaggregate Korean...
- MARKET BUZZ. // Asia Weekly;9/15/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 36, p28
The article focuses on Hong Kong chief executive Donald Tsang as well as on the depreciation of the Souther Korean won as of September 2008. Chief executive Tsang refuses to address inflation that lurks in Hong Kong, China, by ditching the local currency's peg to the U.S. dollar. On the other...
- Is the Korean Won Too Strong? Sohn Sung-won // Korea Focus;Nov2014, p4
The article reports on Korean currency Won and its valuation against several countries. Topics discussed include benefits to Korean economy due to the undervaluation of their currency such as strong exports, employment and inflow of foreign investments, actions taken by central banks of...
- Limited Appreciation. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/22/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the foreign exchange rate of the Taiwanese dollar, as of August 2005. Depreciation of the currency against the Korean won; Overview of the condition of Taiwan's economic indicators; Impact of any further appreciation of the Chinese yuan on the exchange rate of the Taiwanese dollar.
- Money. // Travel Daily;3/ 5/2013, p7
The article reports on the performance of Australian dollars, which has incurred a decline of 1% as of March 2013 due to declining trends in building approvals, mining profits, and other domestic factors.
- US$--Korean won. // Asian Business Review;Apr95, p51
Presents a graph showing currency movements of the Korean won against the American dollar for 12 months ending March 8, 1995.
- South Korea: Short-Term Correction On The Cards. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/9/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p9
The article discusses the bullish forecast for the Korean won for 2011 after breaking a 12-month resistance level in March.
- Up in Smoke. // Numismatist;Sep2015, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p25
The article focuses in the increase in cigarette prices in South Korea which has resulted in higher demand for 500-won coins.