Focus On Support For Industry
- Foreign Investment Climate. // Ethiopia Country Review;2012, p97
The article provides information on the condition of Ethiopia's foreign investment with regards to privatization, employment opportunities, and competitive economic effort.
- Only the people can transform societies. Versi, Anver // African Business;May2016, Issue 430, p98
The article discusses that during the decade and a half of the fat years, African countries should have been preparing for the lean years that inevitably follow. Topics include growth seen by many countries in Africa as a result of high commodity prices and record foreign investments, Angola,...
- The Impact of FDIs on Exports, and Export Competitiveness in Central and Eastern European Countries. Rădulescu, Magdalena; Şerbănescu, Luminiţa // Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics & Information Technol;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p132
After 1990, the Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries lowered the barriers to FDIs. Of course, many other developments were taking place at the same time: increasing openness to trade, privatization of previously government-owned production, and many other changes as these countries moved...
- Passenger Cars. // Russia Autos Report;Q2 2012, Issue 2, p35
The article focuses on the status and forecast in the passenger cars segment in Russia as of 2012. It says that domestic car brands are forecasted to be behind their foreign peers as a result of increased foreign investment. It states that competition in the car segment is likely to be stiff as...
- TURKEY'S AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY CONTINUES TO ATTRACT FOREIGN INVESTMENT. // Middle East Business Intelligence;12/5/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the foreign investments on the automotive industry in Turkey. Level of production cost; Business operation of manufacturing facilities; Increase in employment.
- POLICY IMPLICATIONS OF BUSINESS RECRUITMENT AS AN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY: THE CASE OF JAPANESE AUTOMOTIVE INVESTMENT IN THE UNITED STATES. Iannone, Donald T. // Economic Development Review;Fall88, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p25
Describes Japanese automotive investment activities in the U.S. Public policy issues raised by foreign investment recruitment; Factors influencing foreign direct investment; Role of states and cities in encouraging foreign investment; Factors influencing Japan's part production in the U.S.
- Automakers stampede to build plants. Vieira, Joe // Automotive News;11/25/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5688, p9
Presents information on the four automobile plants under construction in Brazil. Investment value of these companies; Citing of the investments of Renault, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, Chrysler, and Skoda.
- Europeans lead race into Brazil's growing market. Voz, Hairton Poncian // Automotive News;2/5/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5644, p30
Reports on carmakers' investment in Sao Paulo, Brazil to capitalize on the country's growing automobile market. Estimated production by the year 2000; Projects coming in from various European carmakers; Brazil's stable economy and tax incentives as reasons for the market's growth; Other economic...
- Auto projects still cruising into country, Czech Invest says. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p12
Discusses the plans of several foreign automobile companies to invest in the Czech Republic. Japan-based Futaba's agreement on a site for a new production facility; Major car plant planned by PSA/Toyota.