LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Bilateral Relations With Russia Set To Improve. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the impact of the bilateral relations between Lithuania and Russia Federation on the economy of the former. It notes that Lithuania President Dalia Grybauskaite and Russian President Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev have agreed to deepen co-operation in trade, economic, and...
- FAMILY POLICY AND ITS REALIZATION TRENDS IN LITHUANIA FOR 2005-2012. Gavelis, Vytautas; Visockas, Evaldas // Ekonomika / Economics;2013, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p141
The purpose of the article is an overview of the objectives and criteria of the classification used in state family policy in the sphere of economic relations, a discussion of family policy types and sub-types, relations between forms and types, and their characteristics in contemporary...
- Eurozone Hopes Dashed. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Offers an economic outlook for Lithuania for 2006. Responses of local headline writers to the European Commission's announcement that Lithuania does not fulfill the necessary criteria to adopt the euro in January 2007; Status of the country's budget deficit; Outlook on inflation.
- External Debt Grows. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
The article presents an economic forecast for Lithuania for 2007. Foreign direct investment is expected to increase. Current account deficit is unlikely to improve in the succeeding years. Budget deficit is expected to constitute 1% of the gross domestic product (GDP). Projected trade balance,...
- EU Optimism Will Support Peg. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p14
Discusses several aspects of Lithuania's economy as of October 2003. Forecasting on the economy; Increase in current account deficit; Weakness in exports during the second quarter of 2003.
- Taxes. Bayer, Alex // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the elimination or reduction of tax breaks for foreign investors in China. Proposals of 1996 budget suggest; Referenced made to higher tax bills.
- Syria. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/28/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p24
Presents news from Syria as of January 28, 2000. Fifth round of negotiations with the European Union about an economic partnership agreement; Approval of the budget for 1999.
- Government Unveils 2007 Budget. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2006, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p12
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania, as of December 2006. The national budget is expected to register a deficit of about 1.6 percent of gross domestic product in 2007. The personal income tax will remain unchanged in 2007, having been reduced from 33 percent to 27 percent in...
- Deficit Narrowing Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article offers forecast on the economic condition in Lithuania. It predicts a decline in the nation's budget deficit from 7.1 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010 to five percent of GDP in 2011 and expects the deficit to reach 3.8 percent of GDP of by 2012. It also explores the...