Inflation Poses Dilemma
- Country Report: Estonia. // Estonia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p1
The article presents the outlook and assumptions for Estonia's economy for 2012-2016. It predicts that there will be a slowdown in the annual Estonian economic recovery pace in the first half of 2012. It anticipates that the current-account surplus will become deficit in 2012-2013, while...
- MONETARY POLICY AT THE ZERO LOWER BOUND. Cabos, Karen // Discussions on Estonian Economic Policy;2015, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p24
Both interest rates and inflation rates in the Euro area have reached levels dangerously close to zero. By the strategy of quantitative easing the ECB has been providing ample liquidity - yet without lasting success. Several asymmetries in policy transmission and monetary policy making have been...
- Looking To 2008. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p10
The article forecasts the economic growth of Estonia. The country will experience fast but moderate economic growth. The Bank of Estonia anticipates a full-year growth of 11.8%. However, it also expects that the country's real gross domestic product will slow to an upwardly revised 8.3% in 2007...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p10
The article presents information on the economic conditions of Estonia. The annual inflation rate rose to 4.2% in August from 3.8% in July, reflecting higher petrol prices and increased spending on housing. Underlying inflationary pressures remain strong. Domestic demand shows few signs of...
- Estonia's Fading Euro Prospects. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Presents an economic outlook for Estonia for 2006-2008. Inability of the state to adopt the euro currency in January 2007; Effect of high oil prices and string domestic demand growth on inflation; Forecast on the annual average inflation dropping from 4.1% in 2005 to 3.7% in 2006.
- Chapter III: Economic Overview. // Estonia Country Review;2000, p27
Presents an overview of the economic conditions in Estonia, including gross domestic product, key economic indicators, macroeconomic activity, employment by sector, finance and monetary policy, inflation, foreign exchange and trade balance.
- Chapter IV: Corporate/Enterprise Sector. // Estonia Country Review;2000, p60
Presents an overview of the corporate and enterprises sector in Estonia, including foreign investments, taxation, key enterprises and the stock market.
- COUNTRY REPORT: ESTONIA. // Estonia Country Monitor;Nov2011, p1
A country report for Estonia as of November 11, 2011 is presented. It offers outlook and developments of Estonia's economy such as the economic growth, the labor markets, the exchange rates, the economic policy, the international trade, and the economic structure. It provides medium- and...
- Government Looks Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p10
The article offers an economic outlook of Estonia for 2006 to 2010. According to a macroeconomic forecast released by the Ministry of Finance, the country's rapid European Union convergence is expected to continue over the medium term, although real gross domestic product growth is forecast to...