Policy Risks Growing
- Treasury's Role in minimising risk. Story, Mark // New Zealand Management;Nov2003 Director Supplement, p19
Provides information on the role of the treasury in minimizing currency and interest rate risk in New Zealand. Several misconceptions in the treasury policy; Key areas on board policies and procedures; Risk identification and controls.
- FSU repeats call for banking reform after interest rate rise. // Money Management;11/11/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p11
The article discusses the call for banking reform from the Finance Sector Union (FSU) to show restraint regarding interest rates.
- Derivatives and Interest Rate Risk Tech Session a Great Success. KIRKLAND, J. MICHAEL // Trusted Professional;Feb2014, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p15
The article provides information on the continuing professional education (CPE) seminar entitled "Derivatives and Interest Rate Risk," held on October 7, 2009 in New York, organized by the Manhattan/Bronx Chapter of New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA).
- Global Risk Premiums and the Transmission of Monetary Policy. Bauer, Gregory H. // Bank of Canada Review;Summer2012, p12
The article discusses the relationship between short-term policy rate and long-term interest rates as a vital line in the transmission of monetary policy. It examines the factors of long-term rates in developed countries and the effects of policy changes on the economy. It describes a...
- Downward Revision To Rate Expectations. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p7
The article discusses an economic outlook for Czech Republic for 2011. The country was expected to have no rate hikes in the present year. The benchmark interest rate will remain on hold at .75 percent in the said year, and was forecasted to boost by 1.25 percent in 2012. Moreover, economists...
- ISLAMSKI EKONOMSKI SUSTAV - ODNOS PREMA KAMATI. Čočić, Teufik; Pešić, Mirko // Ekonomski Vjesnik;2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p376
This study is focused on basic theological, theoretical and practical principles of the Islamic economic system. It points out the importance of the source (Qur'an and Sunnah) on which the Islamic economic system is based; it extracts the strength of its moral and ethical values from these...
- Time to review where most money is owed. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar2007, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p64
The article focuses on the necessity of unchanged Official Cash Rate (OCR) in New Zealand mortgages to be reviewed. This announcement reminds the mortgage holders of the country to review their mortgages. OCR has been used in controlling inflation and strongly felt in interest rate fluctuations....
- Bank of England. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/23/2014, pA02
Bank of England policymakers are in no rush to raise interest rates, minutes from the Oct. meeting revealed. Two of the 9 members favor hiking rates now, but the rest see increasing risks from the economic slowdown in the eurozone.
- Rate danger. // BRW;1/25/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the concern whether the government can offer further tax cuts without risking a rise in interest rates in Australia.