Rates On Hold, Cuts Possible In 2012
- SLD deputy pushes anti-RPP law. Sparshott, Jeffrey // Warsaw Business Journal;12/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the monetary policy in Poland. Redefinition of policy goals of the National Bank of Poland; Change of legal framework for interest rates; Adaption of legal status of monetary policy on the Western standards.
- Poland: Rates To 6.00% By Year-End. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/3/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p15
An outlook for National Bank of Poland's (NBP) policy rate hike for 2008 is presented. A continued monetary policy tightening is projected throughout the year. It expects another rate hike in the first half of 2008. Inflation control is the short-term objective of NBP in a bid to restore...
- Rate Hikes To Continue. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
The article offers information on the interest rates forecast for Poland in 2011-2012 by Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). It states that the National Bank of Poland (NBP) will continue its monetary tightening in 2011, with an expected 75 basis points (bps) of hikes to 4.50% by the end...
- Poland: One More Rate Hike In 2007. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/5/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p18
The article reports that the National Bank of Poland (NBP) will implement one further 25bps hike in its benchmark interest to 4.50% in the fourth quarter of 2007. Domestic causes of price inflation will remain prominent and prompt the NBP to further tighten its monetary policy over the coming...
- Downward Revision To Rate Expectations. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p7
The article discusses an economic outlook for Czech Republic for 2011. The country was expected to have no rate hikes in the present year. The benchmark interest rate will remain on hold at .75 percent in the said year, and was forecasted to boost by 1.25 percent in 2012. Moreover, economists...
- Poland's central bank cuts main rate. // Regional Today;01/10/2013, p2
The article reports that the National Bank of Poland has cut the benchmark seven-day reference rate to 4% in 2013.
- Polish c.bank holds key interest rate at record low. // Regional Today;9/ 5/2013, p1
The article reports on the statement of National Bank of Poland that the 10-member Monetary Policy Council holds the reference interest rate at 2.5%.
- Poland keeps interest rates unchanged. // Regional Today;4/10/2014, p1
The article reports on the National Bank of Poland's Monetary Policy Council's (MPC) 2.5% interest rates as a result of the growth in economy and employment in 2014.
- Poland keeps key interest rate unchanged. // Regional Today;11/6/2014, p1
The article discusses the interest rate of National Bank of Poland and reports that the bank did not change the interest rate.