- Merkblatt: Behandlung chronischer Kreuzschmerzen. // Ergotherapie & Rehabilitation;Apr2012, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p13
A review is presented of a website at www.gesundheitsinformation.de/merkblatt-behandlung-chronischer-kreuzschmerzen.895.de.html containing advice on the management of lower back pain.
- DOCTOR'S ORDERS. M. C. // World (0888157X);12/12/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p64
The article reviews the smartphone apps for pain management ePal developed by the Center for Connected Health, a division of Partners HealthCare with features like educational videos on medication schedules and pain diaries for patients to share with their doctors.
- Promote pain prevention with social media. // Firstline;Oct2013 Supplement DVM360 Toolkit, p12
The article offers information on the use of Facebook and Twitter to advocate pain prevention in pets. It states that by providing a mix of fun facts, reminders, and statistics clients are being attracted to join the conversation and to learn something. It mentions online resources such as the...
- Pain management videos. // Firstline;Oct2013 Supplement DVM360 Toolkit, p13
The article presents three online videos regarding pain management in animals including one wherein doctor (Dr.) Susan Little discusses her preferred pain management for feline onychectomy, another from Dr. Brett Beckman on nerve block techniques, and one wherein Melissa Andrasik on the...
- Grassroots efforts to teach medical students about opioids. // Minnesota Medicine;Sep2014 Supplement, p10
The article discusses fighting addiction with the education of medical students starting at the Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) in Minnesota. It cites the training for HCMC medical students initiated by Charlie Reznikoff of the HCMC Division of Addiction Medicine and assistant professor at...
- Further Reading. // Heroin & Other Opiates: Poppies' Perilous Children;2008, p119
A list of books related to opioids and opioid abuse is presented which includes "The Pursuit of Oblivion: A Global History of Narcotics" by Richard Davenport-Hines, "Opioids" edited by Nancy Harris, and "Substance Related Disorders and Their Treatment" by Joyce Libal.
- For More Information. // Heroin & Other Opiates: Poppies' Perilous Children;2008, p120
A list of web sites related to opioids and opioid abuse is presented which includes the sites of the American Pain Society, the American Society of Addiction Medicine and the Center for Drug Evaluation and Information.
- Behind the Scenes. // Best's Review;Jan2013, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p52
The article reports on the growing problem on the dependency and abuse of the use of opioid painkillers in the U.S.
- Opioid analgesics. // Reactions Weekly;7/21/2012, Issue 1411, p33
The article describes the case of a 39-year-old man who developed opioid dependence and experienced withdrawal symptoms upon withdrawal from opioid analgesic therapy for pain associated with cystic kidney disease.