On the hustings
- In Hong Kong, smokers are butting out in record numbers. Brooks, Janet Rae // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p1441
Examines the initiatives behind the successful efforts to lower smoking rates in Hong Kong. Partial ban on tobacco advertising in the territory; Anti-smoking advertisements; Statistics on smoking in the island; Smoke cessation programs.
- National Center opens for `tobacco-free kids'. // American Family Physician;5/15/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p2258
Reports that the National Center for Tobacco-Free Kids is scheduled to open on June 1996 and will serve as a focal point for anti-tobacco lobbying efforts. Emphasis on policy aimed at reducing tobacco use among youths; Funding of the organization.
- Tobacco control. Chapman, Simon // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/13/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7049, p97
Reports on advances in tobacco control worldwide. Tobacco taxation; Tobacco regulation; Tobacco advertising and promotion; Passive smoking; Harm reduction; Nicotine replacement therapy; Legal actions against the tobacco industry in the United States; Action on sales to children.
- TOBACCO BANS. // Scholastic Choices;Apr2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the prohibition of minors from buying tobacco products in the U.S.
- Young tobacco users. Vaidya, S.G. // World Health;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on tobacco use in India, and on measures done to control it. Children and adolescents as target markets for the tobacco industry in the said country; Children in campaigns against smoking and tobacco use.
- Kids kick butt. // Current Health 1;Oct97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p2
Presents information about a campaign for the Tobacco-Free Kids organization. Details on a website for kids; Information on what kids can do if they don't have a computer; Reference to the support offered by the organization.
- Use of tobacco prevention and cessation strategies and techniques in the dental office. Hastreiter, Richard J.; Bakdash, Bashar // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Nov94, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p1475
Reports the results of a study conducted to assess the use of dental office tobacco intervention methods using guidelines developed by the National Dental Tobacco-Free Steering Committee. Personal tobacco use; Office tobacco policies; Tobacco control and cessation activities; Interpretation of...
- All the Rage. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/30/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p28
Focuses on the fact behind advertising in the U.S. Concept of advertising; Initiation of Truth campaign by the American Legacy Foundation; Series of the campaign.
- California's tobacco control saga. Novotny, Thomas E.; Siegel, Michael B. // Health Affairs;Spring1996, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p58
Evaluates the success of California's tobacco control program known as Proposition 99. History of Proposition 99; Reasons for the unfaithful implementation of Proposition 99 by the California state government; Effects of Proposition 99 in the health of and tobacco use of Californians; Lessons...