- Disparity in cancer care: a Canadian perspective. Ahmed, S.; Shahid, R. K. // Current Oncology;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, pe376
Canada is facing cancer crisis. Cancer has become the leading cause of death in Canada. Despite recent advances in cancer management and research, growing disparities in cancer care have been noticed, especially in socio-economically disadvantaged groups and under-served communities. With the...
- Meaningful patient representation informing Canada's cancer drug funding decisions: views of patient representatives on the Pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review. Hoch, J. S.; Brown, M. B.; McMahon, C.; Nanson, J.; Rozmovits, L. // Current Oncology;Oct2014, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p263
In this interview with the patient representatives on the Expert Review Committee (PERC) of the Pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (PCODR), those representatives offer their views about how to be a valuable contributing member of Canada's national cancer drug funding recommendation committee. The...
- Systemic treatment approaches in HER.2-negative advanced breast cancer–guidance on the guidelines. Joy, A. A.; Ghosh, M.; Fernandes, R.; Clemons, M. J. // Current Oncology;Mar2015 Supplement 1, Vol. 22, pS29
Despite advancements in the treatment of early-stage breast cancer, many patients still develop disease recurrence; others present with de novo metastatic disease. For most patients with advanced breast cancer, the primary treatment intent is noncurativeâ€”that is, palliativeâ€”in...
- Living and Dying: Up Close and Personal. Jacobson, Sheldon H.; Jokela, Janet A. // Journal of Palliative Medicine;Jul2010, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p897
The article offers the author's insights regarding health care systems. He refers to the experiences of her mother who was diagnosed with lung cancer and received all her medical care from the Canadian health care system. He mentions that Canadian health care system has almost all the access to...
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Recurrence Score-Guided Treatment Using a 21-Gene Assay in Early Breast Cancer. Tsoi, Daphne T.; Inoue, Miho; Kelly, Catherine M.; Verma, Sunil; Pritchard, Kathleen I. // Oncologist;May2010, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p457
Purpose. Most guidelines for hormone receptor (HR)-positive early breast cancer recommend addition of adjuvant chemotherapy for most women, leading to overtreatment, which causes considerable morbidity and cost. There has been recent incorporation of gene expression analysis in aiding decision...
- California ISO awards supply contract to ABB. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul97, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p12
Reports on California's Independent System Operator (ISO) Restructuring Trust's awarding of a supply contract to the ISO Alliance comprised of ABB Power T&D Co., Ernst & Young LLP and Perot Systems Corp. Start of supply scheduling and business systems services; Provision of user interfaces and...
- Exploring the Natchez Trace Parkway. Copp, Darlene P. // TravelAmerica;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p54
Provides information on Natchez Trace Parkhighway. Brief historical background of Natchez Trace; Purpose of the Natchez Trace Marketing Alliance; Examples of handicrafts at the Mississippi Crafts Center.
- Always building on a plan. // Finance Week;11/25/2002, LEADERSHIP ALLIANCE. p2
Focuses on the celebration of the 10th anniversary of Leadership Alliance. Schedule of the celebration; Business plans advocated by the company; Programs developed by the company.
- BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p8
Reports economic developments in Bosnia-Herzegovina as of September 2002. Reputation of Alliance for Change coalition during elections; Prediction of economic growth for Muslim-Croat Federation; Effects of vested interest on strategic company sales.