Snapshots of children's health in the United States
- MAJOR ASTHMA RESEARCH STUDY RECEIVES FUNDING BOOST. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Sep2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the funds received by the global research project on asthma and allergies for children, from a local New Zealand organization. Benefactors of the research; Comment of Jane Patterson, Asthma and Respiratory Foundation executive director, on the completion of the project; Benefits of...
- Asthma: The Best Rx. Lumiere, Erica // Parenting;Dec/Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the treatment of asthma in children. Factor important in the treatment of asthma; Implication of the underestimation in the diagnosis of the disease; Symptoms; Importance of keeping record of asthma attacks.
- Camp Nursing: Can Children with Asthma Safely Attend a Regular Outdoor Day Camp? Bloch, Joan Rosen // Pediatric Nursing;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p463
Presents a study which evaluated the needs of asthmatic children who attended an outdoor day camp in the Pine Barrens of South New Jersey. Prevalence of asthma in children attending camp; Nursing support required by the children with asthma who attended camp; Health outcomes of children with...
- Breathing easy. Glass, Julia // Parenting;Apr99, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p140
Focuses on ways in which parents and children with asthma can control the disease. Persistent coughing as the clue that an infant or toddler has asthma; Risk factors that influence the diagnosis of asthma; Treatment of asthma at home and at school. INSETS: Disarming major triggers.;Helping...
- HEALTH NEWS. // Australian Parents;Oct/Nov2000, p51
Presents an update on child health as of November 2000. Clinical signs found in seriously ill babies; Details of a study on children with asthma, reported in `Australian Doctor'; Finding of a research on the link between soft drinks and bone fractures in children.
- Identification of asthmatic children using prescription data and diagnosis. Moth, Grete; Vedsted, Peter; Schiøtz, P. O. // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Jun2007, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p605
The aim of the study was to develop and validate a method for identifying asthmatic children between 6 and 14 years of age based on prescription data on anti-asthmatic drugs and diagnostic data. A register-based study of 125,907 Danish children aged 6â€“14 years identified 9695 children who...
- Trends in psychostimulant and antidepressant use by children in 2 Canadian provinces. Mitchell, Brendon; Carleton, Bruce; Smith, Anne; Prosser, Robert; Brownell, Marni; Kozyrskyj, Anita // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Mar2008, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p152
Objective:We used population-based administrative prescription medication data to examine regional differences in psychostimulant and antidepressant (AD) use among children from 2 Canadian provinces: British Columbia (BC) and Manitoba (MB). Method:Using 1997 to 2003...
- Supporting children with asthma. Rose, Sally // Practice Nurse;5/8/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p5
The article discusses a report published by Asthma U.K. (United Kingdom ) that highlights the experiences of children with asthma who are excluded from activities because of their condition. The authors comment on the lack of consistent standards for asthma care in Great Britain. The report...
- Ask Doctor Cory. McPherson, Jennifer // Jack & Jill;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p34
Presents a children's questions and answers on miscellaneous issues including why it is necessary to put a snowsuit on when it is snowing and on asthma.