The drive to kill and the drive to cure
- Medicine + War. Taylor, Scott // Esprit de Corps;Oct2011, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p41
The article reviews the photography exhibition "Medicine and War," displayed at the Canadian War Museum, Canada.
- Camouflage. Pine, Julia // Fashion Theory: The Journal of Dress, Body & Culture;Sep2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p381
The article reviews the exhibition "Camouflage," featuring camouflage clothing, held at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa, Canada from June 5, 2009 to January 3, 2010.
- Canada at war. J. P. // Art Newspaper;Apr2014, Vol. 23 Issue 256, p30
The article previews the art exhibition "Witness," which will feature paintings, prints and other artworks by various Canadian artists, to be held at the Canadian War Museum, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, from April 10th through September 21, 2014.
- CALENDAR. // Art Newspaper;Sep2014, Vol. 23 Issue 260, p69
A calendar is presented of international art exhibitions in September 2014 including "Canadian Art of the First World War" at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa, "Wilhelm Sasnal" at the Lismore Castle Arts in Lismore, Ireland, and "AmÃ©rica Latina, 1960-2013" at the Museo Amparo in Puebla, Mexico.
- The Canadian War Museum and the Military Identity of an Unmilitary People. Hillmer, Norman // Canadian Military History;Summer2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p19
The article discusses the Canadian War Museum, focusing on its 21st century relocation to the LeBreton Flats neighborhood of Ottawa, Ontario, in 2005. The building was designed by the architects Raymond Moriyama and Alexander Rankin. The publicity surrounding the museum's opening led to some...
- Honing history. Oliver, Dean F. // Canada's History;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the development of a research strategy to guide collection management at the Canadian Museum of History, focusing on the importance research into patrons and collections as the basis for all planning at the Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum. Other topics include...
- VIMY DINNER 2014. Taylor, Scott // Esprit de Corps;Dec2014, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p48
The article focuses on the Vimy Award Gala of the Conference of Defence Associations Institute (CDAI) held at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa, Ontario on November 7, 2014 which features several people who attends and awarded at the event including Blake Goldring, Billie Flynn, and Jackie Pothier.
- DRAWN TO VICTORY LAUNCHED AT THE CANADIAN WAR MUSEUM. Pope, Alexandra // Canadian Geographic;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p78
The article reports on the launch of the documentary film "Drawn to Victory," produced by media company Sound Venture Productions and the nonprofit educational organization Royal Canadian Geographical Society (RCGS), at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa, Ontario on November 24, 2015.
- Australian Nurses at War. Deacon, Prue // Health & History: Journal of the Australian & New Zealand Societ;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p199
The article reviews the exhibition "Nurses: From Zululand to Afghanistan," at the Australian War Memorial, Treloar Crescent, Campbell, Australian Capital Territory, Australia, from December 2011 to October 2012, focusing on Australian military nursing history.