Oregon Governor Expected to Veto Move to Tap One-Time Revenues
- Oregon Governor Set to Veto Budget Plan, Call Special Session. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p36
Focuses on plans of Oregon governor John Kitzhaber regarding the state's budget. Identification of permanent sources of finance; Issuance of debt by the state.
- State & Province Watch. // Resource Recycling;Jul2011, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p6
The article offers news briefs on state recycling programs in the U.S. Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber has signed into law on the state's landmark bottle bill which elaborates the scope of attaching a nickel deposit to all beverages. A recycling program in New Hampshire which aims to recycle low...
- Kitzhaber Offers Oregon Budget With Less General Fund GO Debt. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;2/2/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33460, p20
The article reports on a balanced budget proposal unveiled by Oregon governor John Kitzhaber for fiscal years 2012 and 2013.
- Money is an issue, Gov. Kitzhaber says. Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;1/31/96, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p11
Reports on why Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber feels that lawmakers should start putting more money in the state's education budget. When comprehensive education agenda will be released.
- Gov. Kitzhaber, Lawmakers at Odds Over School Funds. Gehring, John // Education Week;2/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p16
Focuses on Democratic Governor John Kitzhaber of Oregon and the $715 million budget deficit. Outlook for a fiscal plan that Kitzhaber vowed to veto; Refusal of Republican legislators to support tax increases proposed by Kitzhaber; Indication that the Republican controlled House and Senate...
- Oregon Governor Proposes $18.6B Budget. Chin, Tonya // Bondbuyer.com;12/2/2014, p25
The article reports on the proposal of Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber to spend over half of an 18.6 billion-dollar budget on schools, community colleges and universities in the state. Topics discussed include the state's 40-40-20 educational goal by 2025, the voters' failure to approve Ballot...
- Oregon to Vote on Ed. Trust Fund; Kitzhaber Vows to Fight GOP Plan. Scoon Reid, Karla // Education Week;3/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p15
Offers a look at Oregon's budget planning and its effect on education. Support of the state's government for the use of education trust funds to make up a shortfall in revenue and an increase in state expenditures; Belief of Governor John A. Kitzhaber that the measure does not address the...
- Oregon Governor Proposes $18.6B Budget. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;12/3/2014, Issue 34220, p1
Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber is proposing to spend over half of an $18.6 billion budget on schools, community colleges, and universities in the state.
- `Some doctors have done very well.' Azevedo, David // Medical Economics;07/28/97, Vol. 74 Issue 15, p48
Presents an interview with Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber, a former emergency physician, who helped to design the Oregon Health Plan (OHP). Success of OHP; How the plan works; Why doctors in other states should be interested in the performance of the OHP.